STAR TREK 2d20
Page 39 of 71 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

One issue my Linux player was facing is the upper/lower case variations when trying to install FG on Linux. He suggest to please just offer it in all lower-case naming.

@Jiminimonka,

This seems to happen when the dialog is cancelled on Mac/Linux builds; because the dialog library we use is returning success and empty string path, instead of failure. We'll need to look at patching this long term; but will happen whenever Cancel is pressed on a file dialog until we have a fix.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    One issue my Linux player was facing is the upper/lower case variations when trying to install FG on Linux. He suggest to please just offer it in all lower-case naming.
    Linux has always been case sensitive. Its a feature

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Jiminimonka,

This seems to happen when the dialog is cancelled on Mac/Linux builds; because the dialog library we use is returning success and empty string path, instead of failure. We'll need to look at patching this long term; but will happen whenever Cancel is pressed on a file dialog until we have a fix.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ok. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Linux has always been case sensitive. Its a feature
    Obvious. But FGUW...I... is what caused him to mistype the package name several times. Once it's the W, then it's the I, then you accidentally hit shift wrong. This is a feedback thread, we give feedback. There is no good reason why the filename would need upper and lower case letters mixed, just make it all lowercase is what he wished for.

Obvious. But FGUW...I... is what caused him to mistype the package name several times. Once it's the W, then it's the I, then you accidentally hit shift wrong. This is a feedback thread, we give feedback. There is no good reason why the filename would need upper and lower case letters mixed, just make it all lowercase is what he wished for.
    It is a feedback thread but since linux is heavily terminal use its users should be able to type .

It's "Linux", not "linux", but thanks for proving my point. :P

It's "Linux", not "linux", but thanks for proving my point. :P
    Well its GNU/Linux but hey lol. Shhhh

Blog Entries
    Please Play Nice Everyone

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Obvious. But FGUW...I... is what caused him to mistype the package name several times. Once it's the W, then it's the I, then you accidentally hit shift wrong.
    Most *nix terminals these days have autocomplete. If he starts typing the name, he can hit the TAB key and it will autocomplete the remainder of the file or folder name. If there is more than 1 choice it could be, the terminal will usually beep and hitting TAB a second time will list the possibilities for disambiguation. They generally have a history file as well that can be stepped through using the up and down keys. That way, if there's just one thing off, he can arrow up, fix the problem and hit Enter.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information