FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 34 of 71 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Are you using a wired or wifi connection?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Are you using a wired or wifi connection?
    Im using wired connection

One of my players just successfully installed FGU on a Mint 19.1 distribution (Ubuntu 16.04 fork). His only source of grief was the mixed character capitalization of the installation file (capital Ii are the worst). Maybe consider offering the download in all lower-case letters? First connection to my server took quite long (or rather his laptop having to compile the downloaded data).

We did a quick connect test (using LAN connection through router port forwarding) and some movement and rolls. Tomorrow we will play on Unity for the first time. As a fallback I will still set up a remote Windows session for him to connect to, just in case that the Linux client might act up too much during gameplay.

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Install Issue - Log In Fail

During Install, fails to recognize my Log-In credentials.
    I am copy and pasting my password from my password manager.
    Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
    64-bit
    Dell Precision laptop
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mbolzar View Post
    Im using wired connection
    More logs from tonight's game...
    Attached Files Attached Files

More logs from tonight (2020-11-17)

More logs from tonight. Its seems worse now, as im the only 1 connected, and there are no images being shared.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is what it would look like, just a random boot out. Doesn't happen on rest of the group connecting.
    Screenshot from 2020-11-17 21-55-49.png

DM and 1 player is in Australia, Perth
    1 player is in Thailand
    2 players are in the states
    I'm in Hong Kong

Did a whole session yesterday, nothing to report from my Linux player. Everything seemed to work (or not work) just the same as with the Windows based players.

On the images/maps display - why isn't there scrollbars to move the image around? I know there's the little widget in the corner, but it's not the easiest thing to use.

Also, under Windows, it seems you can hold down the mouse scroll button and move the image around, but that did not work for me under Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    On the images/maps display - why isn't there scrollbars to move the image around? I know there's the little widget in the corner, but it's not the easiest thing to use.

Also, under Windows, it seems you can hold down the mouse scroll button and move the image around, but that did not work for me under Linux.
    The mouse move works for me - can't remember what button to press to do it though.. I agree scroll bars might be better.

Thread Information