STAR TREK 2d20
Page 32 of 71 First ... 22303132333442 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbolzar View Post
    So how do i post the game logs? Thanks!
    Only current and previous versions of the logs are kept. If you are in game, you can get the logs by opening a the console window ("/console" in chat) and then clicking the Compile Logs button.

Or you can grab the logs out of your directories. There will be a couple in your FG Data folder; network, console, and FGUpdater logs. The network logs are probably the ones that will help the most.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    I figure the increment of 5 was the workaround for needing to spin the mouse wheel with more than normal force when interacting with battlemaps, and scrolling through text in stories or charactersheets. Not really ideal as it does mean that mouse wheeling on bits like the AC on a charactersheet will cause it to inc and dec by 5. On the charactersheet this is a pain but can be dealt with by just typing the score change versus mouse wheel changing it. Where it kills though is on the calendar! On the calendar if you want to change the time its accomplished by holding <CTRL> and then mouse wheel on the HOUR and SECONDS ... this is now quite broken as there's no other way to interact with those fields (i.e. can't type in those fields) ... so long story short i still hope they find the bug related to the mouse wheel and remove the inc/dec of 5.

Otherwise i wanted to report an update related to my post above regarding masking:

Update is that i am sort of right. I realised that the masking IS DOING what it is supposed to BUT ONLY so long as i left-click-hold first and then press <ALT>. If I press <ALT> first and then left-click-hold drag it doesn't work. Honestly didn't think that i needed to click before pressing the key ... anyway just letting you know that i now see the difference and can mask as expected.
    Sometimes the increment is too much, when going thru long lists and zooming in on maps. Maybe this can be lowered if the mousewheel problem is fixed now.

Having options for controlling these settings in the client (along with keybinds, vsync, framework etc.) might be a good solution at some point. Instead of a one install/configuration fits all, the system would allow users to change the settings based on their system and preferences. After the initial implementation it would take some pressure off the dev team.

@Mbolzar,

When you are next connecting to GM, can you please get the logs right after the disconnect happens on both the GM and player machines?
    (To get logs, type /console in the chat box, press Enter, then click the Compile Logs button)

This will give us more information on what is happening in your networking situation.

Regards,
    JPG

Any word on a fix or thoughts about the scroll increment of 5 issue previously mentioned in this thread?

Running a Test: I'm playing around with a VM remote-in concept for those that have laptops strong enough to get online and control a remote computer, but need more hardware to enjoy LOS, etc. Also, working that same concept, testing a Raspberry Pi 4 remoting into the VM both on local LAN and external.

First Linux Test Run. Running in a virtual machine on the following system:
    Windows 10 Pro, 3900X, 32 GB RAM, 5700 XT

Setup Virtual Machine with Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. 12-thread with 8 GB RAM
    System prompts for updates. Updated Ubuntu.
    Default system settings puts resolution at 1152x864. Leaving it alone for now.
    Download FGU-Linux from this Forum Thread Post #1.
    Open Terminal and run the given command.
    Installer pops up. Complete installation.
    Updater pops up.
    Nothing happens, realize I have to click the Update button <<< Should either run automatically, or there should be a prompt/text telling you to click on the Update button.
    After update Terms page pops up. Notice all 12 threads immediately all maximize to 100% usage at this point (fans turn on hard).
    Click the OK button.
    All threads throttle down and level out to roughly 50%. <<< Something with the pop-up pushed the Threads to 100%
    Click on Join Campaign.
    Type in the IP of my FGU host for a LAN connection (same hardware, native Win10 Pro running; ie. not another Virtual Machine ).
    Connects immediately without delay.
    Idling for 20 minutes to watch usage. CPU hovers roughly at 50% on all 12 threads.
    DM shares "Handrawn_Map" from DM's Guide.
    CPU usage jumps and stabilizes at 65-70%.

Shutting down VM. Lowering Thread count to 4. RAM kept at 8 GB.
    Initial Join Campaign and idling CPU balanced at 85-88%.
    Loaded Cragmaw Map. Enabled LOS. Dropped in the default Cleric.
    Moving the Cleric around the map, CPU usage stays at a stable 85-88% without drop.

Shutting down VM. Lowering Thread count to 2. Set RAM to 4 GB.
    Expecting 100% CPU and poor experience.
    Initial Join Campaign and idling CPU balanced at 92%.
    Loaded Cragmaw Map. Enabled LOS. Dropped in the default Cleric.
    Moving the Cleric around the map, CPU usage stays at a stable 90-94% without drop.
    Load in four more players and a Goblin.
    Roll Attack/Damage rolls from both DM side and Player (VM) side. No drop in CPU. Stable, not a flicker.
    Drop in FX onto the map > Myst, Ocean, and Blizzard.
    CPU stays balanced, doesn't falter, but Rendering does look very poor.
    Player (VM) control is still normal, but the visual aspect of the effects is quite poor.
    I'm impressed, stunned actually. It's on the border of playable. Especially with FX turned off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use ArchLinux and I don't get text on the buttons. Is there a font that I need to install to fix this?

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 19-09-50.png

There is also no text in this drop down menu in the updater

Screenshot from 2020-11-05 19-07-54.png

Can you send the logs. Click the button in the upper left then the middle button on the console that pops out. That should drop a zip of the logs on your desktop

Well, that's why I couldn't find them. They were on the Desktop. I never use the Desktop.

There isn't much in them. I hope they help.
    https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...5g7KYlFYoG7JwX

I use Gnome on wayland normally. I tried Gnome on Xserver and it does the same thing.
    Last edited by Jafo; November 6th, 2020 at 02:48.

Don't know if its Linux or all FGU - but I notice when I whisper a player using the UI (right click and select whisper icon) the command line pops up fine but the cursor is at the start of the "w/Bob" and text is selected so if I immediately type it erases the "w/Bob" and just types a chat message.

BobWhisper.png

That's a CoreRPG coding issue. I'll look at fixing in next CoreRPG push.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information