DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 27 of 71 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Reporting - no issues in todays session with the new updates to FGU - just need the mousehwheel sorted so I can start using the map building features! Thanks!!!!

Blog Entries
    Did the latest update from the FGU's GUI button, as normal, and am happy to report that I didn't experience a crash as I did in the previous 4 sessions and to which I posted earlier (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post546541).

So thanks for fixing whatever it was that was causing that ... well done!

But I must also concur with @Jiminimonka, although the mousewheel is no where near as bad as it was with the original release (i.e. wrong direction, and then require a very fast spin to work), it is still not "NORMAL". I say this because I am still spinning the wheel faster than what is considered normal. Normal because within other applications, like say a webbrowser page, I don't have to yonk on the mouse-wheel. There is still something that isn't correct in this, so I'll stop there as I'm sure y'all are working on it.

Nearly there ... keep up the good work!

Just in the LOS thread - I notice that in my linux build the "Spacebar" does not drop a node when used, it does nothing. Enter does make a final node though.

Just had another crash/hang this afternoon, so I've bundled up the logs and sent them off to the support email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Just in the LOS thread - I notice that in my linux build the "Spacebar" does not drop a node when used, it does nothing. Enter does make a final node though.
    Anyone else on tried using the space bar for dropping LOS nodes on Linux?

If I try to reconnect after a crash, I get something like "username in use" and I can't get in. The gm can "kill" my connection and then I can get in. The handling of this reconnection could be improved here.

Quote Originally Posted by shishz View Post
    If I try to reconnect after a crash, I get something like "username in use" and I can't get in. The gm can "kill" my connection and then I can get in. The handling of this reconnection could be improved here.
    I've been heads down on the network code for the last week and I'm hoping to include it in the next release... one of the improvements, besides adding a ton of resiliency to the host, is the client will timeout after 30 seconds of not receiving any data (on both the gm and player side). Right now its waiting way too long to timeout which is why is says "username in use".

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Anyone else on tried using the space bar for dropping LOS nodes on Linux?
    I'm not surprised. I tried Unity on Linux and the SpaceBar is not recognized in "standard configuration". It should be mapped to the equivalent of a fire button, but nothing happend, either in the Editor mode or in Game mode.

Another "known" problem woth Unity+Linux ? https://answers.unity.com/questions/...ecognized.html

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoon88 View Post
    I'm not surprised. I tried Unity on Linux and the SpaceBar is not recognized in "standard configuration". It should be mapped to the equivalent of a fire button, but nothing happend, either in the Editor mode or in Game mode.

Another "known" problem woth Unity+Linux ? https://answers.unity.com/questions/...ecognized.html
    Bit pants isnt it. I am sure @smelton and co will get it sorted along with the mouse wheel. But Unity need to sort it out in the first place if they are supposed to be a cross platform dev platform.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I've been heads down on the network code for the last week and I'm hoping to include it in the next release... one of the improvements, besides adding a ton of resiliency to the host, is the client will timeout after 30 seconds of not receiving any data (on both the gm and player side). Right now its waiting way too long to timeout which is why is says "username in use".
    Good to hear. This happens to me too when I crash and I forgot about reporting it.

Thread Information