5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 21 of 71 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Another bug - when I quit completely and start another instance it requires an update, has no Campaigns. Clicking Update or Settings exits the launcher and I have to run the FGUWebInstall.bin again (which remembers the Data and App folders). I've obviously missed something.

This is what happens when I run the ./FGWebInstall.bin command

Code:
    [YBAS Downloads]# ./FGUWebInstall.bin

Self Extracting Installer

./files.tar
    ./installer
    Installing Fantasy Grounds Unity...
    tee: /root/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64: Text file busy
    tee: /root/.local/share/applications/FantasyGrounds.desktop: No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access '/root/.local/share/applications/FantasyGrounds.desktop': No such file or directory
    Launching Fantasy Grounds Updater...
    [YBAS Downloads]# ^C
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; September 25th, 2020 at 23:45.

You probably should not be installing as root now with the new install process.

I'd suggest removing everything again as root, then drop back to your normal user and install there. Make sure your normal users is "clean" as well as per earlier instructions.

Ran the new installer today after an update seemed to have borked the application (DEB install). Found this thread where it said to uninstall the DEB version. Did so with no issues. Had to go back and remove all folders/files related to last install before I could get the new one to install.

The install appears to be running fine currently. Once the application loaded the new splash screen saying this is not compatible with previous version (yadda yadda) The update button was highlighted again. When you click on it the error says unable to locate program. Closed out of the program and opened it again. This time is started up like new again. Asking for login and KEY. Got everything configured again and it refreshed from the beginning agian. New notice about network version and the update button is highlighted.

I am a Linux noobie, so i am not much help on troubleshooting. Just wanted to report my experiance today. Seen some people above had a ocmputer readout. so figured i would install and put mine in as well.

ERROR: Missing File /home/dknapp/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FantasyGroundsUpdater <--- this is in fact missing from the folder. I can see a "FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64" though.
    Code:
    dknapp@LNXWRK01:~$ neofetch
                .-/+oossssoo+/-.               dknapp@LNXWRK01 
            `:+ssssssssssssssssss+:`           --------------- 
          -+ssssssssssssssssssyyssss+-         OS: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS x86_64 
        .ossssssssssssssssssdMMMNysssso.       Host: SVS1513BGXB C60BTZ8N 
       /ssssssssssshdmmNNmmyNMMMMhssssss/      Kernel: 5.4.0-48-generic 
      +ssssssssshmydMMMMMMMNddddyssssssss+     Uptime: 1 hour, 13 mins 
     /sssssssshNMMMyhhyyyyhmNMMMNhssssssss/    Packages: 1904 (dpkg), 24 (snap) 
    .ssssssssdMMMNhsssssssssshNMMMdssssssss.   Shell: bash 5.0.17 
    +sssshhhyNMMNyssssssssssssyNMMMysssssss+   Resolution: 1920x1080 
    ossyNMMMNyMMhsssssssssssssshmmmhssssssso   DE: GNOME 
    ossyNMMMNyMMhsssssssssssssshmmmhssssssso   WM: Mutter 
    +sssshhhyNMMNyssssssssssssyNMMMysssssss+   WM Theme: Adwaita 
    .ssssssssdMMMNhsssssssssshNMMMdssssssss.   Theme: Yaru-dark [GTK2/3] 
     /sssssssshNMMMyhhyyyyhdNMMMNhssssssss/    Icons: Yaru [GTK2/3] 
      +sssssssssdmydMMMMMMMMddddyssssssss+     Terminal: gnome-terminal 
       /ssssssssssshdmNNNNmyNMMMMhssssss/      CPU: Intel i7-3632QM (8) @ 3.200GHz 
        .ossssssssssssssssssdMMMNysssso.       GPU: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Gr 
          -+sssssssssssssssssyyyssss+-         GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE 
            `:+ssssssssssssssssss+:`           Memory: 2877MiB / 11880MiB 
                .-/+oossssoo+/-.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Edition: Fantasy Grounds Classic 3.3.11 - Windows 10
    Edition: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate 4.0.0 - Windows 10
    Edition: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate 4.0.0 - Ubuntu 20.04.1
    Discord: TK421 (-6) [FGU Backer]

On Fedora 32, install worked and updated seamlessly, got past the login problem I had with the older version, and was able to load the sample campaign and throw dice around.

In the "installer"/"initial start menu"/"launch campaign", the mouse scroll works fine. In the game, the mouse scroll is not recognized if I scroll slowly, but if I scroll quickly, scrolling does work.

UPDATE:

It appears that FG is not saving any of the user profile data. It keeps asking for a login and key. Also the entire software is pretty much disabled due to the "Free" license. unable to connect to any games or create a game myself.

For some reason the desktop wasnt refreshing, after a reboot i was able to see the attached LOG file zip. Thought I would attach that here as well for review.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tom.knapp; September 26th, 2020 at 01:00.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

UPDATE:

I poked around and found the UNINSTALL button. Ran that. Found that the APP was still listed as installed in the launcher window (Start Menu). re-ran the install steps as outlined in the PIN'd message.

rm -fr /usr/share/smiteworks && sudo rm -fr ~/.config/smiteworks
    chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin

This ran the installer again and the Update Manager. Downloaded all the updates and loaded. This time it didnt prompt me about the new version and the update was not highlighted again. I was able to launch a session 2e/5e tested. Did some die rolls to see if there was anything out of sorts. No issues. Closed and opened the application again. This time it saved my information and did not prompt me to enter a key and login + update ect as it was before.

Seems to be back to normal again.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Done some more testing.

Can confirm the mouse scrolling - at least it's the right direction now, but you need to scroll quickly to get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    You probably should not be installing as root now with the new install process.

I'd suggest removing everything again as root, then drop back to your normal user and install there. Make sure your normal users is "clean" as well as per earlier instructions.
    I'll have a look this evening. Off to work.

Testing time!

Removed it all, installed as user (dunno why I was in admin mode last time) - the install was a little longer, it downloaded 3 different FantasyGrounds programs of various sizes. Loaded up OK and worked alright, mouse wheel doesnt work unless I do some silly scrolling using left hand while holding mouse with right hand so thats not changed.

Now, when I exit the program and restart it - the launcher is perfect!

Thanks @smelton & smiteworks (a good combination).

Quote Originally Posted by tom.knapp View Post
    UPDATE:

I poked around and found the UNINSTALL button. Ran that. Found that the APP was still listed as installed in the launcher window (Start Menu). re-ran the install steps as outlined in the PIN'd message.

rm -fr /usr/share/smiteworks && sudo rm -fr ~/.config/smiteworks
    chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin

This ran the installer again and the Update Manager. Downloaded all the updates and loaded. This time it didnt prompt me about the new version and the update was not highlighted again. I was able to launch a session 2e/5e tested. Did some die rolls to see if there was anything out of sorts. No issues. Closed and opened the application again. This time it saved my information and did not prompt me to enter a key and login + update ect as it was before.

Seems to be back to normal again.
    Sounds like the config file was owned by root which is why it wasn't saving your settings, but you got past that by removing the ~/.config/smiteworks directory.

Thread Information