DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 71 First ... 917181920212969 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Updated first post with latest installer that is built as a self-extracting binary (.bin); along with a simple command line to trigger the install from the binary.

Regards,
    JPG
    I removed my old manual install used this new one instead.

I did it as my normal user account, so it installed to ~/.smiteworks - which is ok for me.

To run the application, I needed to use:

~/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64
    I'll get to test it more during our game session on Sunday.

Got this error trying to access the settings from the starting panel:

[9/25/2020 1:26:54 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (/home/XXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FantasyGroundsUpdater)

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    I removed my old manual install used this new one instead.

I did it as my normal user account, so it installed to ~/.smiteworks - which is ok for me.

To run the application, I needed to use:

I'll get to test it more during our game session on Sunday.

Got this error trying to access the settings from the starting panel:
    After you ran ./FGUWebInstall.bin it should have installed and then auto-started the updater, correct? Assuming that's true, the next step would be to click Update to install FGU. Afterward, you got the above error message? If so, could you tell me what the value of AppDir is in ~/.config/smiteworks/fantasygroundsapp.conf?

AppDir=/home/XXXX/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds
    EnhancedLogging=0
    InstallerVersion=2
    It looks like the settings and updater on the Lobby panel are adding ".config" in the path.

Edit: oops, meant to say, the install did do the auto-start and update - the updater itself works fine and can be manually invoked fine.

It looks like the settings and updater on the Lobby panel are adding ".config" in the path.

Edit: oops, meant to say, the install did do the auto-start and update - the updater itself works fine and can be manually invoked fine.
    If you restart FGU (not the updater), can you confirm the Settings/Update button works? It works for me, but I just wanted to make sure it works for you as well. I was able to replicate the issue when launching FGU from the Updater and will have a hotfix out shortly.

Missing library issue on Update

Summary:

Fresh installation of FGU from .deb file on Ubuntu 20.04 initially launches, runs updater, but then fails with an error "error while loading shared libraries: UnityPlayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Error:

/usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: UnityPlayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

System details:
    Installation method: .deb file (FGUWebInstall.deb)
    OS Version: 20.04
    Package version: 4.0.0 (2020-09-03)

Method to reproduce error
    1. Install deb package from a clean OS
    2. Launch FGU. Enter account keys, etc etc.
    3. Run updater at prompts.
    4. Updates appear to go correctly, but after completion updater disappears, FGU does not relaunch.

Result:
    Launching from terminal (/usr/bin/FantasyGrounds) crashes on update, fails to load UnityPlayer.so.

Logs:

FGUpdaterEngine path is /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Looking for update in /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW
    /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW found. Validating update...
    Removing current FGUpdaterEngine: /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine
    Installing new FGUpdaterEngine...
    Setting permissions on /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Changing directory to /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine
    Launching FGUpdaterEngine: /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: UnityPlayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Further details:

1. UnityPlayer.so library exists in two locations:

/usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW/FGUpdaterEngine/UnityPlayer.so
    /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/UnityPlayer.so
    2. There is a FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW directory created

/usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW
    Should this have been copied somewhere after update?

3. There are no 'execute' permissions set on the binaries in that directory.

$ ls -alh ./FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 6.2K Sep 24 23:58 ./FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64

--------------------------------

Update:

This is fixed by smelton's advice below.

Uninstall the .deb. Install using the .bin installer. See first post in thread for link
    Last edited by roboctipus; September 25th, 2020 at 07:21. Reason: update with fix

Quote Originally Posted by roboctipus View Post
    Fresh installation of FGU from .deb file on Ubuntu 20.04 initially launches, runs updater, but then fails with an error "error while loading shared libraries: UnityPlayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
    Uninstall the .deb. Install using the .bin installer. See first post in thread for link.

This has been fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    This has been fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    No worries, and I can confirm with installing the latest version that the problem has gone away and those buttons work as expected. Thanks for the prompt fix!

No worries, and I can confirm with installing the latest version that the problem has gone away and those buttons work as expected. Thanks for the prompt fix!
    Awesome! Thanks again for testing!

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Uninstall the .deb. Install using the .bin installer. See first post in thread for link.
    Fixed it, smelton ! Thanks!

Thread Information