Page 13 of 71 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=focal
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS"

Found 1 NVIDIA devices
    Device ID: 0
    Device name: GeForce GTX 1080 (*PrimaryCard)
    GPU internal ID: GPU-2f93cdf1-2af1-4273-58b5-62c46c9f6796

I downloaded from this thread. Double clicked deb file to use built in software manager to install. I was able to get through the installer, log in, apply license, download updates/content. I then get to the main menu. I try to create a campaign using 5e, LAN, port 1802 and hit start. I get the loading window with "hamburger" icon and folder icon in the top left. But I never get to the FG desktop.

@Jiminimonka,

Where did you get those modules and/or images? Do they load on other OS versions of FGU?

Thanks,
    JPG

Right clicking on the map and "Revert Changes" seems to fix that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Jiminimonka,

Where did you get those modules and/or images? Do they load on other OS versions of FGU?

Thanks,
    JPG
    The module is my own, and so are the maps. But I appear to have fixed it - Revert Changes did it so must have been some tokens from combat tracker or something interfering. IDTenT user error.

The same module loaded into FGC with "altered" maps didn't throw this error and worked fine. In FGU the error also doesnt load the image, so tokens and markers are on a blank (or masked) map. (I have seperate drives for FGC and FGU Data folders, not sharing them).
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; September 5th, 2020 at 22:55.

I have a Linux system running Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS which is a variant of Ubuntu.

There are two issues that I have noted so far.
    Neither is debilitating, merely a nuisance.

1) The scroll wheel operating in reverse in relation to Windows. This behavior is unique to FGU for Linux.
    The version for Windows on my Win7 system operates as expected.

2) On both versions, Linux and Windows, FGU does not allow the Dice to be re-positioned within the work area.
    Classic does allow Dice to be re-positioned anywhere within the main window and is not covered by a sub-window.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbc View Post
    I have a Linux system running Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS which is a variant of Ubuntu.

There are two issues that I have noted so far.
    Neither is debilitating, merely a nuisance.

1) The scroll wheel operating in reverse in relation to Windows. This behavior is unique to FGU for Linux.
    The version for Windows on my Win7 system operates as expected.

2) On both versions, Linux and Windows, FGU does not allow the Dice to be re-positioned within the work area.
    Classic does allow Dice to be re-positioned anywhere within the main window and is not covered by a sub-window.

Thanks.
    Welcome
    Others have reported #1. It sound like its an issue in the Unity Engine itself. Hopefully there is a fix soon. #2 is as intended, that capability is not present in FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The mousewheel issue is really bad actually. It works OK but in reverse on the launcher but not at all (at least to the human eye) in FGU. So no map zooming, no scroll down pages. The UI deisgn is highly reliant on the mousewheel, scroll bars are tiny or no existent on most UI elements so the mouse wheel is essential.

Still I've switch to FGU now.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=focal
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS"

Found 1 NVIDIA devices
    Device ID: 0
    Device name: GeForce GTX 1080 (*PrimaryCard)
    GPU internal ID: GPU-2f93cdf1-2af1-4273-58b5-62c46c9f6796

I downloaded from this thread. Double clicked deb file to use built in software manager to install. I was able to get through the installer, log in, apply license, download updates/content. I then get to the main menu. I try to create a campaign using 5e, LAN, port 1802 and hit start. I get the loading window with "hamburger" icon and folder icon in the top left. But I never get to the FG desktop.
    cas206, I'm seeing the same thing. I've got a clean Ubuntu system (just bought the hardware yesterday) and I've not been able to get past that. I've tried both local and cloud/private.

The version is v4.0.0 STANDARD (2020-09-04). I've not moved move my GPU over yet, so I'm just using integrated graphics for now, but so far I've not seen anything which would tax that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    The mousewheel issue is really bad actually. It works OK but in reverse on the launcher but not at all (at least to the human eye) in FGU. So no map zooming, no scroll down pages. The UI deisgn is highly reliant on the mousewheel, scroll bars are tiny or no existent on most UI elements so the mouse wheel is essential.

Still I've switch to FGU now.
    For me, the mouse wheel does not work at all, regardless of direction.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkBBQ View Post
    cas206, I'm seeing the same thing. I've got a clean Ubuntu system (just bought the hardware yesterday) and I've not been able to get past that. I've tried both local and cloud/private.

The version is v4.0.0 STANDARD (2020-09-04). I've not moved move my GPU over yet, so I'm just using integrated graphics for now, but so far I've not seen anything which would tax that.
    Thanks for confirming that it's not just my setup.

Addendum: Trying to load sample 5e campaign gives same result. Never gets to desktop.

Thread Information