FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 71 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    So that should be (would be? Is?) the best option. Then you have to support just one distribution. Tarball!
    Although I haven't looked into how Steam handles things for installation, it would also have the advantage for working everywhere for all Steam installs too.

We don't want to claim to support ALL Linux builds; because that is a rather large statement to make given the huge amount of Linux OS variety.

Also, we want it to be easy to install using common package managers, so that the files are all installed to the correct place. And, we want to be able to re-use the same builds we make to distribute via the website be used for Steam to simplify our build pipeline and tools. If we just released as a general tarball, then we wouldn't have any way of making sure that FGU gets installed to the "standard" location to make sure everything just works by default.

Regards,
    JPG

A new build of the installer is available from the download link in the first post.

Changes: Increments version number; application shortcut created now launches FGU client instead of updater; permissions adjusted on updater

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks @Moon Wizard, just support .deb and .rpm and you'll cover 90% of the Linux users and the rest will be able to handle making packages from those. You're distributing binaries anyway, so it's not like someone's going to pull the package into official repos and build it from source.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    A new build of the installer is available from the download link in the first post.

Changes: Increments version number; application shortcut created now launches FGU client instead of updater; permissions adjusted on updater

Regards,
    JPG
    Any chance we can get the filename to include the version number? The AUR scripts should be failing currently because the signature won't match.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.deb

Trying to connect to DMs server - Fatal network engine error occured. Logs attached. I am on Linux (no firewall) and DM has his ports forwarded.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think we should probably keep the Linux-specific errors in the Linux Testing thread for now; since we're still working though Linux-specific considerations.

The error message being reported is that the client is not able to talk to the relay server. Is there any reason why your Linux machine/VM would not be able to access specific IP addresses?

Regards,
    JPG

I think we should probably keep the Linux-specific errors in the Linux Testing thread for now; since we're still working though Linux-specific considerations.

The error message being reported is that the client is not able to talk to the relay server. Is there any reason why your Linux machine/VM would not be able to access specific IP addresses?

Regards,
    JPG
    I'm connecting to a Windows host. I don't have a firewall. Connecting via IP worked fine.

Also, connecting from Windows to Linux (my Linux, and the same persons Windows PC connected to my DM table) worked last night just fine - using the cloud server. So might be nothing to do with Linux, just a connection issue, that thread is enormous, lets face it.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; September 4th, 2020 at 22:34.

Since we are also doing Linux errors - connected to a Windows host. Game works fine but the map shows duplicate tokens of character AND monsters but the Windows players dont have this problem, its just my Linux FGU instance.

For context, there is are extra tokens for all the PCs, an extra "man bear pig" but the 2 vrocks have not moved so they are not duplicated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We don't want to claim to support ALL Linux builds; because that is a rather large statement to make given the huge amount of Linux OS variety.
    This is not what I meant with my statements. Providing a tarball + installation script means those of us who want to make build packages for non DEB or RPM systems can do so a bit easier. I do not mean for you guys to support all Linux distros.

Thread Information