DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 71 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Updated first post with latest installer that is built as a self-extracting binary (.bin); along with a simple command line to trigger the install from the binary.

Regards,
    JPG
    Great! I'll install tonight

I've installed the new build and the mouse wheel kind of works now, but it has really high sensitivity, so I have to scroll a lot and very fast for it to register at all, and this is very hard to make use with both my mice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    I've installed the new build and the mouse wheel kind of works now, but it has really high sensitivity, so I have to scroll a lot and very fast for it to register at all, and this is very hard to make use with both my mice.
    Yup I concur. Same issue.

But otherwise some huge changes with this release. Love the lock tokens and movements with lock tokens. Quite neat! Perhaps a little large for my tastes, but sooooo much nicer and cooler than what was with FGC. Will experiment more and let you know as i play ... cheers and thanks for this update!

Installed the new BIN file installation. Ran the updater, it worked fine. Fantasy Grounds Unity ran fine.

When I hit Update button again from the start screen, the updater could not be found.

Screenshot from 2020-09-25 10-22-45.png

Quote Originally Posted by finny525 View Post
    Installed the new BIN file installation. Ran the updater, it worked fine. Fantasy Grounds Unity ran fine.

When I hit Update button again from the start screen, the updater could not be found.

I'm seeing the same thing. Ubuntu 20.04 if that matters.

I am running LinuxMint 20 (Ubuntu 20.04 based) and I uninstalled the .deb version fine and ran the new .bin installer. the updater ran fine but when I start FantasyGrounds.x86_64 it starts up and then I get a dialog Network Version Change message and it will not let me click on the close button, I have tried to hit enter and space bar from keyboard and click on it with my mouse no luck. update ran fine.

Edit: ok when I made the window full screen it finally let me click the close button and then I could click on other buttons, but if I am not if full screen mode I cannot click the buttons, just a note for the developers, I can work around this.
    Last edited by scottie4442; September 25th, 2020 at 17:19.

OK - I have installed and got it running - mouse wheel works fine in the launcher but on the table it doesn't work at all - I still have to hold down control and then drag the mouse over the icon on the bottom right to zoom in and out, and cant scroll thru chat or lists etc.

Other than that, it all works fine - connected a player via windows and all seems fine.

EDIT: Going to try with all extensions turned off. No difference - mouse wheel non-functional on table, works fine on launcher. Plasma DE.

Manjaro (Arch) Linux.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; September 25th, 2020 at 20:01.

Installed also the newest (24/09/2020) installer on Ubuntu 20.04. Works fine.

FYI, I had also to `rm -rf ~/.smiteworks ~/.config/smiteworks` because previous installation had given this directories "wrong" owner and my first try at the new installer resulted in ` mkdir: not able to create «/home/ME/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds»: Permission denied`.

Quote Originally Posted by finny525 View Post

That error says its trying to launch from the old .deb install directory. I suspect the app preferences file had root permissions that prevented you from updating

make sure the .deb is uninstalled and for safe measure remove the config:
    sudo dpkg -r fantasygroundsinstaller && sudo rm -fr /usr/share/smiteworks && sudo rm -fr ~/.config/smiteworks

Then reinstall with the .bin. Let me know if you still have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoon88 View Post
    Installed also the newest (24/09/2020) installer on Ubuntu 20.04. Works fine.

FYI, I had also to `rm -rf ~/.smiteworks ~/.config/smiteworks` because previous installation had given this directories "wrong" owner and my first try at the new installer resulted in ` mkdir: not able to create «/home/ME/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds»: Permission denied`.
    In case it's important for you to keep history, etc, you could have just done a chown to your user for those directories instead of deleting them (I did remove the ~/.smiteworks, but kept my config and fixed the ownership).

Thread Information