5E Character Create Playlist
Page 49 of 71 First ... 39474849505159 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for checking that out on Windows too. I've assigned a bug for Carl to look at the last few posts.

Unfortunately, the logs don't have any information, which means it must be some sort of infinite loop or something. Do you have a sample campaign with included assets and specific steps that recreates the issue? That would help immensely.

Regards,
    JPG
    @Jiminimonka, Can you point me to the post that describes the problem? There are a messages in this thread and I'm having some trouble finding the ur-post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Just for testing purposes, I flipped over to windows and tried the same thing - and it crashed there too. Exactly same procedure - resizing and moving a folder with 8 assets inside it.
    Attachment 43480

Nice work on debugging and troubleshooting!

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    @Jiminimonka, Can you point me to the post that describes the problem? There are a messages in this thread and I'm having some trouble finding the ur-post.
    It started with a random freeze while I was away from the keyboard. Recently I have been spending time making maps in FGU. I have a bunch of graphic assets in folders and I was moving dragging those assets around on the map to reposition and resize. In the last 3 post it was the same same "Furniture Blockade" asset folder I was moving - either I moved them a little way, or moved and then tried resizing and FGU just locks up - the mouse still works but you can't do anything.

I can upload my campaign and assets folders to a drop box or something - it will be pretty asset heavy but I can try to find the specific groupings only and not give you the whole folder. Once its uploaded I will send a link via the support portal.

Made a ticket and upload a .zip file - SUPPORT-9563

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Nice work on debugging and troubleshooting!
    I have nothing else to do at the moment - furloughed and stuck at home - so making maps with FGU.

Carl - I notice that if I am using a modifier key like Shift when resizing that it freezes. Maybe its something to do with that.

Scrap that - I made a video. https://lbry.tv/@Jiminimonka:4/FGU-Asset-Bug:3
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 5th, 2021 at 13:58.

I removed the LOS from those Furniture assets and they move around "solo" ok - and grouped together was OK as well, so possibly LOS is the culprit - I do have LOS turned off so its not active while I am editing.

Summary: Server Crash
    Ruleset(s): 5e
    New Campaign: IWD-RotF
    Extensions/Themes: Official Language Extension (FR)
    Modules Loaded: The core 5e modules, PHB, MM, DMG, as well IWD-RotF
    Operating System / Language Setting: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa) / Win10
    Steps to Reproduce: None that I know of. Seems to occur mostly in 3rd hour.

Lesson Learned:
    Save logs before restarting server. Maybe next time.

Background:
    I have about 1 server crash during 3 hour game sessions. First happened under Linux. Switched to Windows 10 for next game session. Not only server crash but Windows BSOD. Back to Linux. Two more game sessions, two more CTD.

This weeks game session:
    Players were on Gem Mine level 2. I started dragging icons from combat tracker to Gem Mine level 3. Some players started to comment that they could only see black. Could see icons but nothing else. I turned off LOS which fixed that issue. They could see whole map. 30 seconds to 1 minute later server crashed. When server restarted, game state was prior to when I turned off LOS. Will try to remember to get logs next time.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    Summary: Server Crash
    Ruleset(s): 5e
    New Campaign: IWD-RotF
    Extensions/Themes: Official Language Extension (FR)
    Modules Loaded: The core 5e modules, PHB, MM, DMG, as well IWD-RotF
    Operating System / Language Setting: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa) / Win10
    Steps to Reproduce: None that I know of. Seems to occur mostly in 3rd hour.

Lesson Learned:
    Save logs before restarting server. Maybe next time.

Background:
    I have about 1 server crash during 3 hour game sessions. First happened under Linux. Switched to Windows 10 for next game session. Not only server crash but Windows BSOD. Back to Linux. Two more game sessions, two more CTD.

This weeks game session:
    Players were on Gem Mine level 2. I started dragging icons from combat tracker to Gem Mine level 3. Some players started to comment that they could only see black. Could see icons but nothing else. I turned off LOS which fixed that issue. They could see whole map. 30 seconds to 1 minute later server crashed. When server restarted, game state was prior to when I turned off LOS. Will try to remember to get logs next time.
    If you compile logs at the relaunch it will have the logs from the previous crashed session.

Yes, we will need the logs and/or steps to reproduce. Hard crashes usually show up in the logs; whereas endless loops and other feature-use errors may require exact steps.

The logs for the previous session are saved; so hitting Compile Logs right after re-launching FGU will save off a copy.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information