Starfinder Playlist

Massive FPS drops with maps with FX

Hello people, how are you doing? I made a few maps using the FGU assets by Joshua. When I add a few layers of FX and stuff, the map becomes unplayable. Massive fps drops. I have a pretty decent gaming PC and my players the same. Is this normal? Whan can be causing massive FPS drops and slow down heavy the program? Any solution or tips?

I mostly duplicate layers (trees for example) to make precise shadows, and then add a few masks with FX. Mostly what Josh uses on stream.

Thanks.

I think we'd need to know ho many layers, how many masks and what type of masks. I've not played much with the map making tools but haven't noticed anything significant as far as slow down is concerned.

You may also need to zip up the campaign file with the map in it and attach it here so that the devs can take a look.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    The biggest performance hit I've seen with maps is due to LOS. If you are adding LOS to trees and then copying entire layers, then yeah, I would expect massive performance problems. Check to make sure you are not duplicating LOS. As for FX, I've run almost a dozen or so on a single map without a performance problem. How may are you running?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We'd need an example zipped up campaign folder with the images and data set up to see what you are doing to give advice; but as mentioned above, the number of FX/masks you are running can have an impact.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudstar View Post
    Hello people, how are you doing? I made a few maps using the FGU assets by Joshua. When I add a few layers of FX and stuff, the map becomes unplayable. Massive fps drops. I have a pretty decent gaming PC and my players the same. Is this normal? Whan can be causing massive FPS drops and slow down heavy the program? Any solution or tips?

I mostly duplicate layers (trees for example) to make precise shadows, and then add a few masks with FX. Mostly what Josh uses on stream.

Thanks.
    Are you running the Live version, or the version in the Test channel? Thanks.

Hello. Thanks all for the answers. I will try to be sure to not duplicate LOS layers and try it that way. If I see the fps drops persist, I will attach the zipped campaign as mentioned.

Thread Information