DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Linux Testing

INSTALLER FILE LAST UPDATED: September 24, 2020

NOTE: The Linux installer is only available via this link. While we are working on a Steam version, it is not ready for testing on Steam yet.

Download

We have a build of the Linux applications ready for people to help us put it through the paces to make sure it installs and runs like the other versions.

As noted in the Overview and Download thread, Ubuntu 16.04+ (64-bit only) is the supported platform for this Linux installation. Your mileage will vary for other Linux installations, and only Ubuntu is planned to be supported at this time. The installer is a Debian package.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.bin

You will need to run the following command on the file to install the FGU client:
    chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin

If you previously installed FGU using the .deb installer, it is recommended to remove it first (NOTE: back up your data first if you saved it to either of these directories):
    sudo dpkg -r fantasygroundsinstaller && sudo rm -fr /usr/share/smiteworks && sudo rm -fr ~/.config/smiteworks

Issue Reporting

Please post any issues to this thread, and include your OS and OS version information. Also, please include any information that may be unique to your system, or specific steps on how to recreate the issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by smelton; September 30th, 2020 at 03:46.

Debian 10 (Updated to today), 64-bit.

+ dpkg -i of the deb file worked fine. (specifically, "sudo dpkg -i FGWebInstall.deb")
    - Application showed up in the Menu as "Unnamed" in the "Other" category
    + Login and update w/ license key worked fine
    - /usr/share/smiteworks became owned by a user. This seems wrong as this probably should either be owned as root, or a different user.
    - /bin/FantasyGrounds became owned by a user. This seems wrong as this probably should either be owned as root, or a different user.
    - Rolling dice within the chat window shows a white shadow (But the shadow on the die at rest is grey/shadow colored)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post

+ dpkg -i of the deb file worked fine. (specifically, "sudo dpkg -i FGWebInstall.deb")
    - /usr/share/smiteworks became owned by a user. This seems wrong as this probably should either be owned as root, or a different user.
    - /bin/FantasyGrounds became owned by a user. This seems wrong as this probably should either be owned as root, or a different user.
    - Rolling dice within the chat window shows a white shadow (But the shadow on the die at rest is grey/shadow colored)
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm taking a look now

What desktop environment are you using?

Cinnamon. But also note that my default locale isn't en_US ...

Edit: Feel free to DM me on Discord if you'd like.
    Last edited by Imagix; August 28th, 2020 at 05:10.

Cinnamon. But also note that my default locale isn't en_US ...

Edit: Feel free to DM me on Discord if you'd like.
    That explains the "Unnamed" in the menu. What locale are you using?

en_CA. However, if you don't supply a locale in the .desktop file, it will use that for all locales.

Hello,
    I tried it also this morning. Overall it works except for the "permission problem" (see below).

1) installed the deb with sudo dpkg -i FGUWebInstall.deb
    but then, things are installed as user 1000:1000 (uid:gid), and that is not even me. I suppose this is the accout of the one that buld the .deb file.
    => should use dpkg-deb --root-owner-group --build $builddir $outputdeb

2) then, had to change the owner to me on ~/.smiteworks and ~/.config/smiteworks/*
    by using
    sudo chown -R myID:mygroup ~/.smiteworks
    sudo chown -R myID:mygroup ~/.config/smiteworks/*

3) then it mostly works,except that it still ask to FixPermission when lauching FantasyGround

So, its nice and working (no strange shadow on dice or anything). I do not have a licence, so I haven't try network things.
    Good job
    Snow / Alain

*** My system *** Xubuntu 18.04 with wmaker as window manager, FR_UTF-8 locale and nvidia Quadro M2000M
    $ cat /etc/lsb-release
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=bionic
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS"

$dpkg -l wmaker
    Name Version Architecture Description
    +++-===============-============-============-===================================
    ii wmaker 0.95.8-2 amd64 NeXTSTEP-like window manager for X

$ locale
    LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
    LANGUAGE=en_US
    LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=
    $ nvidia-smi
    Fri Aug 28 10:46:34 2020
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | NVIDIA-SMI 390.138 Driver Version: 390.138 |
    |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
    | GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
    | Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
    |===============================+================= =====+======================|
    | 0 Quadro M2000M Off | 00000000:01:00.0 On | N/A |
    | N/A 43C P0 N/A / N/A | 132MiB / 4042MiB | 6% Default |
    +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes: GPU Memory |
    | GPU PID Type Process name Usage |
    |================================================= ============================|
    | 0 1014 G /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg 70MiB |
    | 0 3141 G /usr/lib/firefox/firefox 1MiB |
    | 0 12527 G ...ks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64 57MiB |

Blog Entries
    I've noted the exact same issues as above regarding permissions on:
    /usr/share/smiteworks
    /bin/FantasyGrounds

I installed in same fashion as the others above had. I also noted the permissions of 1000:1000 on the folders mentioned above, and so I
    Code:
    chown -R root:root
    on those folders recursively.

Finally my system is linuxmint (debian based).
    Code:
    $ neofetch 
                 ...-:::::-...                 crimsonnib@dagobah 
              .-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-.              ---------------- 
          .-MMMM`..-:::::::-..`MMMM-.          OS: Linux Mint 20 x86_64 
        .:MMMM.:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:.MMMM:.        Host: 20KGS75D00 ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th 
       -MMM-M---MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.MMM-       Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic 
     `:MMM:MM`  :MMMM:....::-...-MMMM:MMM:`    Uptime: 33 mins 
     :MMM:MMM`  :MM:`  ``    ``  `:MMM:MMM:    Packages: 3094 (dpkg), 9 (flatpak), 9 (snap) 
    .MMM.MMMM`  :MM.  -MM.  .MM-  `MMMM.MMM.   Shell: bash 5.0.17 
    :MMM:MMMM`  :MM.  -MM-  .MM:  `MMMM-MMM:   Resolution: 1920x1080 
    :MMM:MMMM`  :MM.  -MM-  .MM:  `MMMM:MMM:   DE: Cinnamon 
    :MMM:MMMM`  :MM.  -MM-  .MM:  `MMMM-MMM:   WM: Mutter (Muffin) 
    .MMM.MMMM`  :MM:--:MM:--:MM:  `MMMM.MMM.   WM Theme: Mint-Y-Dark-Aqua (Mint-Y-Dark) 
     :MMM:MMM-  `-MMMMMMMMMMMM-`  -MMM-MMM:    Theme: Mint-Y-Dark-Aqua [GTK2/3] 
      :MMM:MMM:`                `:MMM:MMM:     Icons: Tango [GTK2/3] 
       .MMM.MMMM:--------------:MMMM.MMM.      Terminal: gnome-terminal 
         '-MMMM.-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-.MMMM-'       CPU: Intel i5-8250U (8) @ 3.400GHz 
           '.-MMMM``--:::::--``MMMM-.'         GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620 
                '-MMMMMMMMMMMMM-'              Memory: 1936MiB / 7724MiB 
                   ``-:::::-``
    Yeesh ... nearly forgot to mention where things fall over for me. After entering my FG account, fine! After entering my FGU ultimate license ... FAIL! :'(
    It hangs at that point. I can see that on entering my license it says "This valid Ultimate Key." and it starts up:
    Code:
    /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    Nothing happens other than that process seems to be eating ~15-20% of the CPU and i don't see anything happening. I thought perhaps in ~/.smiteworks/fgdata i'd start to see the standard folders i'm used to (e.g. cache, campaign, modules, extensions, vault, etc.), but no. Don't see any of that.
    Last edited by skj310; August 28th, 2020 at 11:15.

Blog Entries
    sigh ... firewall!!! Ignore above ... installing now .. will update if there are any further issues.

Thread Information