5E Character Create Playlist
Page 71 of 71 First ... 2161697071

Thread: Linux Testing

Is it downloading? I just clicked the link in post #1 and it worked for me. Or are you getting an error trying to run the installer on your machine after download? You probably need to make sure the file has execute permissions by either setting it with "chmod" from the command line. Or depending on your distribution, a right click will lead to getting properties and allowing it to be executable.
    Or is your problem something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Anansi5713 View Post
    I've been trying to download FGU on Linux, however I keep getting "no such file or directory"
    Try the link here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php

So, something has changed since now when I update the update window stays and I have to KILL it to make it go away. I am using the x solution so I can open a file dialog so it may be related.Fedora 38.

Edit: the game will not shutdown normally either. After I click to close it game it just hangs there unresponsive.
    Last edited by nephranka; October 11th, 2023 at 11:36.

It seems the hang up on closing only occurs if the updater is used. It works normal if I don't check for updates. This indicates maybe there is something going on with the updater?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    It seems the hang up on closing only occurs if the updater is used. It works normal if I don't check for updates. This indicates maybe there is something going on with the updater?
    Updater appears not to have been updated since 6/15.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Updater appears not to have been updated since 6/15.
    Yeah. I figure it is something on the distro side. I was just reporting my observations as Fedora tends to be in the front for changes that make their way into other "supported" distros like Ubuntu eventually. I know we (Linux users) had previous issues with the updater a little while back.

Whatever was the cause seems to have resolved itself. I assume an update to the video drivers in Fedora, but who knows.

Thread Information