STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    So I finally figured out how to export maps etc and wanted to share the first big project I made to use. I am running Fate of the Fifth the first part of the Attack of the Swarm adventure in Starfinder.

MINOR SPOILERS
    Late in the book you are sent to a temple, where there is an encounter. The map provided is decent, but felt small, especially for a temple and one of the last few encounters of the book. I decided to redo the whole thing, and make it much larger (I also increased the difficulty for my players )
    I used 3 effects layers, in all, one in an isolated area, and two covering the whole map. If you go to the layers and hide the roof, the inside of the temple is fully laid out. The outer walls I used terrain LOS because it was the only way I could get it to still show the roof layer over top. Overall it worked fine and functioned as a high ground in game, allowing them to still see outside the building while in, but not inside the building while outside.

I did not pay close attention to which art packs I used, so I would assume you will need the subscription. I also pulled from the Saz Asset Pack, Torstans Asset Pack and Shockbolt Gamemasters Art Pack. No idea where those last three came from, but some of the additional items have been really helpful especially some of the sci-fi assets.
    Any feedback would be really appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Vaelthrine, I really like your blending on the snow/path. It looks good.

Alrighty! It's been a minute since putting up new work here so here's the latest. It's an oasis map using the 2019 and Abyss Art Packs, and a few random decorations from Shockbolt.

The story is there's a group of merchants camped out and they get ambushed by monsters on top of the ridge. The party arrives as this is happening and they try to save the merchants. If someone climbs up the ridge and tries to cross the bridge, a monster will cut the bridge. The bridge and its shadow are on separate layers, so the shadow layer can be hidden, and the bridge layer can be moved and rotated so it looks like it fell to the ground level. There's a blood effect on a layer that can be faded in to show when the monsters kill a merchant near the camp. To the south there's a cave where more monsters can pop out of, kidnap a merchant from, or just hide in to ambush the party. The cave interior is in a folder that can be either revealed or faded in. The rest of the exterior oasis is all in it's own folder so if you want to...drop down the opacity *wink*...so only the cave interior is visible, that's an option. Just be sure to turn off the LOS layer inside the Oasis folder, so the terrain features don't interfere with LOS inside the cave, which is just an open space. I did it this way for now just to sidestep any weird crossover interactions from having overlapping LOS layers in different folders. The water and the campfire have a Water FX layer masked onto them.

Enjoy!

Pilethorn Oasis Preview.png

ughk I changed the ruleset tag to "all" instead of "Any"

Use this .mod file!

Hey Vaelthrine this is fantastic! I think we've run into a similar puzzle with LOS and buildings with a walled interior, and a removable roof. You want player to see the roof, but not the walled off contents of the interior. I like how you set this up to have that concealed set of rooms in the back, so the players can still see the roof in the front.

I'm wondering about achieving this effect by somehow getting the roof to be on the token layer. That way it can cover and conceal the entire building interior, but still allow all the walls to set set up with LOS Walls so they block vision and movement. I'll do some experimenting and post what I come up with.

Well, it's not very elegant, but I think it works! I made a new NPC and set an image of roof shingles as its token.

Here's two before and after screen caps, and a mod file (hopefully the NPC/token displays correctly).

With the roof token in position, the player token below has full visibility of the roof token. The building layer under the token layer is walled off (using Wall LOS), so the interior is blocked from sight. With the roof token moved aside, the player's token can see through the open front door, but not into the interior room with a closed door or behind the building. In the after capture I just shrunk the roof token and put it to the side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for all of this stuff - been using fgu for a while, but just starting to make my own maps; thanks for the twitch stuff, too...
    Last edited by macDsinfo; January 14th, 2021 at 15:41.

@Joshwatmough - this is what I was referring to in the PM.

Screenshot_2021-01-03_21-09-03.png

Blog Entries
    Updated my HellQuake Map with version 2, which includes various effects for the hallucinatory terrain.
    Post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post547966

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information