STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, I think so. I've got the modules, MOON1-2 thru 1-5. I'm actually only scheduled to run through 1-4. So far I've converted 1-2 and 1-3 (just final touch up on both).

I will say I was kind of hoping for a document outlining everything like expectations, where to find what, how mustering works on game day, etc. It's not that I can't figure things out, but that's only because I've DM'd at other online cons and am comfortable with the technology and such. But for someone new to DMing or new to online cons I think it would be more than overwhelming.

So far, most of the info seems to be tribal knowledge, stuff picked up from experience. Which I understand in a volunteer organization. Heck, I see it at a lot of companies I used to consult at. But I know how inefficient it is and how it leads to quality issues, so I was hoping for better
    It might also be they capped out at their needed DM quota for those who haven't heard back. And I understand the concern, LordEntrails, but I hope you have fun running once the event gets going

Blog Entries
    I'm sure I will have fun and the players too!

Thanks

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So how did it go?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

I didn’t DM, but I was pretty impressed with Baldman’s ability to run two major events online simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    So how did it go?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    So how did it go?
    I don't know numbers or anything else, but my experience was okay. I got positive feedback from all of the players, and even had several that had to install FG to play and it went well enough.

I felt it was horribly organized. But I also found out that Baldman Games was given very little advance notice and no infrastructure to support the event. Also, WotC/AL changed the AL rules in the middle of the event. So, from that aspect, Baldman games and the AL folks did a great job getting things to work and getting players to play and have fun.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I played (not sure if I was at one of your tables) and I think it went pretty good overall. Would have been good to have more options for games was my main thing (very hard to find a spot to play in the game you wanted to) and some of the games didn't have an opportunity for any breaks between. I played 8 hours over 4 sessions with no breaks between.

So what would it take for the next event to have a community run event and getting rid of the middle company? I would think we would need a schedule of events we wanted to support. Then have someone reach out and find how to submit events then post on here and find DM's and players.

Does this make sense or would it make more sense to just run events through something like fgpug.com?

I like the idea of DMing at cons and I had fun at DMing at Gencon but I do not want to have to deal with companies that have weird or no rules and take days to get back to you. Then there is the other part of me that says this is too much trouble to have fun so I should just keeping running my games and let other do this.

What is everyone else's thoughts?
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Blog Entries
    There is already the community run FG Con & FG Daze. Hopefully they will start back up soon, but it is a lot of work. There are also the FG/AL combo's that Viviolay has started doing, I haven't looked into those yet.

I know this one was challenging, but I don't think most cons are going to be as tough, at least not if they wish to be successful (and other cons I have DMd at were not).

So, just running games through FGPUG etc is great, but it doesn't "spread the word" since those folks are already part of the FG community. Cons is certainly the way to do it, and perhaps if those cons run AL events we can get Viviolay to help with the admin side of things so we won't have so much to do ourselves.

We just wrapped a very succesful Adventurers League on Fantasy Grounds Game Day event yesterday. I believe we had 17 tables of games spread out throughout the day. Check out the event on Warhorn as it will be a monthly event.

https://warhorn.net/events/dnd-adven...antasy-grounds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    We just wrapped a very succesful Adventurers League on Fantasy Grounds Game Day event yesterday. I believe we had 17 tables of games spread out throughout the day. Check out the event on Warhorn as it will be a monthly event.

https://warhorn.net/events/dnd-adven...antasy-grounds
    Great to hear!

Thread Information