5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Adding penalties and bonuses for traits and flaws

Just got into 5th edition recently and one of my players wants to have the following traits and flaws:

Steady: +1 concentration checks
    Reserved: Cautious nature gives him a -2 initiative

Aside from the fact, at my current understanding, that's a terrible deal for the player with the size of concentration checks beyond low levels, I can't even figure out how to do it in the first place.

Is there some way to assign bonuses and penalties directly into the player's sheet in unity? I see I can type into it, but nothing I input so far has the desired effect. ...and then I need to convince him that it's a bad deal. On the other hand, why not see through practice?

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to 5E forum. Please post ruleset specific questions in the appropriate forum.

See 5E Effects wiki for complete details; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation

Untested and off the top of my head, the effects would be;
    CONC: 1
    INIT: -2

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Many thanks. I've been tinkering with that, but it doesn't seem to be a permanent effect. Is there some way to put in a trait or set of traits that give him the bonus and the flaw manually and have those stay with the character? ...Or just even a permanent -2 to initiative and +1 to concentration?

You need to add such effects to the character action tab and then apply the effect once the character is on the Combat Tracker. See this series of videos on how to create effects: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

In your case you want the following effect SAVE: 1, concentration; INIT: -2
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Many thanks, everyone. It took a lot of experimenting, but thanks to the responses and poking around, I found a few different methods to adding these features. FG is truly splendid, but it takes a bit of self-education to get all the features.

Thread Information