FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    More of a question than request for help (since I can add the effect manually): Why is the Size ability for NPCs not linked to a Toughness modifier?

I think its automated in Combat

I've played around with it and couldn't see it working. I have added a [Toughness +2] line on the Size ability in the NPC sheet for the time being.

Because NPCs have little automation. It allows the GM to make them as needed quickly rather than having to work thru automation.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Ahh, gotcha. I think for me, the lack of automation is worse in this instance. The size mod works, at least. I'm just very likely as GM to forget the toughness mod lol

How are you adding the Size ability? It uses magic strings, so if it's not typed just so it won't calculate Size or Toughness modifiers.

If you put this in CT
    Code:
    [Size -3]
    it will subtract Size modifiers from attacks and adjust the Toughness.
    size effect.jpg

It used to be that on the NPC, you drop the Size ability, then change
    Size
    to
    Size -3
    or
    Very Small
    or
    Size -3 (Very Small)
    it would calculate the same as the effect.
    Now, however, it only calculates attack modifiers.

If you put the Size effect under the ability on the NPC sheet, it used to double up. Now it will only calculate attack mods, not Toughness.

I am placing on the NPC Sheet, using the Size ability and adding the modifer: Size -3 (Very Small). It correctly performs the Attack mod, but ignores Toughness. I don't want the added overhead of needing to manipulate the Combat Tracker each time I drop an NPC, so looking for guidance. It would seem the manual [Toughness -3] tacked onto the Size -3 ability accomplishes what I am after.

Since its an NPC you don't want an effect for Toughness at all, the Toughness on the NPC sheet should already include the Toughness from size. Size the only matters in combat for targeting, grappling etc.

True, I could bump the toughness up manually. I avoid doing this intentionally because its easier for me to see where the bonus comes from when broken out as a modifier. When lumped into the toughness score, there is no means to know where the bonus comes from and i begin to question my maths lol

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    True, I could bump the toughness up manually. I avoid doing this intentionally because its easier for me to see where the bonus comes from when broken out as a modifier. When lumped into the toughness score, there is no means to know where the bonus comes from and i begin to question my maths lol
    If that is an issue, manually set the Toughness and on the line under Size write the Toughness increase without the square brackets.

Thread Information