STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last
    Interesting that that did not make it into the Wiki.

Thank you...

And hopefully last query on this subject line. Is there a way to apply the same effect to multiple creatures? Either in the Combat Tracker or by multi-selecting the tokens or something?

Example: if the battlefield goes dark I don't want to have to apply Illumination: #Dark one at a time to all those affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    There is coding, you want [@Immunity TYPE], though you will need to add "TYPE" to the keyword list for powers and weapons. This can be done by right clicking and the attack info (3 o'clock position), then putting it in the Keyword line (works for both Powers and Weapons).

You might have forgotten the "@" in the first part of coding. Also where you put it is important as well. You can put the [@Immunity TYPE] in a couple of spots:
    1. Armor Keyword/Effect line, Modifiers (as like with Piercing)
    2. Racial/Special abilities in the notes/effect line (as per Fire Elemental)
    3. Effects line in Combat tracker
    Ok, something's not quite right. I tested against the existing Elemental: Fire and by default even if I put Fire in the Keyword section of the Power it calculates damage as normal. The special ability doesn't seem to have any coding on it by default or is hidden or possibly spelled differently or difference in case.

If I put [@Immunity Fire] in the Combat Tracker there is no change even if I refresh the instances of the combatants in question. I even added the same text to the Elemental: Fire NPC sheet after duplicating it and refreshing my instance on the Combat Tracker and still nothing. All this after putting "Fire" in the keyword section under the power's attack section. I am obviously missing something.

Just to be safe I created an item on my PC and equipped it as I had done for the [@Piercing Damage -4] and even reversed the syntax to [@Fire Immunity] and can't seem to figure out where I am going wrong. I added "Fire" to the Elemental's attack keyword section.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    And hopefully last query on this subject line. Is there a way to apply the same effect to multiple creatures? Either in the Combat Tracker or by multi-selecting the tokens or something?

Example: if the battlefield goes dark I don't want to have to apply Illumination: #Dark one at a time to all those affected.
    in the effect list there should be a button with global effects. Open that, drag the illumination effects in it and there you can turn them on and off and it should work for everyone in the CT

Yep, same area as I suggested for doing Specializtion. There is a button that you can toggle them on and off, so you can drag a drop a bunch of stuff, then turn on and off as needed like unstable platform, or enviromental effect like heat from desert or cold from artic conditions, or cover from fog
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    Ok, something's not quite right. I tested against the existing Elemental: Fire and by default even if I put Fire in the Keyword section of the Power it calculates damage as normal. The special ability doesn't seem to have any coding on it by default or is hidden or possibly spelled differently or difference in case.

If I put [@Immunity Fire] in the Combat Tracker there is no change even if I refresh the instances of the combatants in question. I even added the same text to the Elemental: Fire NPC sheet after duplicating it and refreshing my instance on the Combat Tracker and still nothing. All this after putting "Fire" in the keyword section under the power's attack section. I am obviously missing something.

Just to be safe I created an item on my PC and equipped it as I had done for the [@Piercing Damage -4] and even reversed the syntax to [@Fire Immunity] and can't seem to figure out where I am going wrong. I added "Fire" to the Elemental's attack keyword section.
    I have double checked this and [@Immunity Fire] work as expected. If you write effects to Combat Tracker you must press enter for them to actually be stored.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thank you... Pretty sure I am doing it as suggested but I still get no joy on the stick. Obviously, I am doing something incorrectly but this is what I have.

CombatTracker.png
    FireBolt.png
    Chat.png

When I changed the Bolt to have Fire on it I reset the instance of the PC in the Combat Tracker just to be safe. As you suggested I redid the effect in the Combat Tracker on the Hobgoblin and made sure to hit Enter, I usually hit tab to the next line which seemed to work when I did the Resistance.
    Last edited by Slagmoth; August 26th, 2020 at 22:22.

I seem to be missing a button for Global Effects or I don't know exactly for what I am looking.

Effects.png

Really appreciate the help on this. Usually play 5E and pretty proficient on that but SW seems to be a bit of a different animal as it pertains to the control system in the platform. Not to mention it is vastly different than 5E.

No, button is missing. What version of Savage Worlds and Fantasy Grounds are you using?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information