DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last
    Oops. Yeah my bad no size on NPC just the Space and Reach on the Combat tab. Was on the train to work when I replied.

Have you tried just adding the Ability Tiny to the NPC?Away from PC atm.

Well, tiny is smaller than small (-6 vs -2, iir also away atm) but what I was doing it converting an SWEE adventure where Size -1 was used (results in -1 to hit from normal size and -1 to their Toughness). Like I said, I only figured out how to do it via a “special ability” with text “Small -1”(irrelevant what I call it as long as it isn’t “small”,”normal”,”large”,”tiny”,etc) and Notes: “[@Attack -1, Toughness -1] (I know, I could just reduce Toughness )

PS appreciate the support, totally new to working with SW modules.

I wrote a thread on this and have posted the whole answer to discord again. The whole is set up is done using no effects. Simply add Size ability. Change Toughness on NPC and your done. Simple as that.

Effects are only used if someone changes size mid combat. See the Growth Power for an example of temporary change to Size that will eventually fade.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; August 16th, 2023 at 12:26.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Is it possible to automate an edge that modifies the bonuses from a Wild Attack? Something like this: "A character with this Edge causes +4 damage when making a Wild Attack rather than +2."

I've tried adding [> #WildAttack Melee Damage +2] to both an Edge on the character sheet, as well as to a weapon itself. I've added the Wild Attack effect to this character in the combat tracker, and tried rolling damage and it doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    Is it possible to automate an edge that modifies the bonuses from a Wild Attack? Something like this: "A character with this Edge causes +4 damage when making a Wild Attack rather than +2."

I've tried adding [> #WildAttack Melee Damage +2] to both an Edge on the character sheet, as well as to a weapon itself. I've added the Wild Attack effect to this character in the combat tracker, and tried rolling damage and it doesn't change anything.
    No, unless you write an extension.

You can get the player to use the Modifier box down bottom left (under the chat and dice) when they roll damage, or make a sub-attack on the Combat tab on the character sheet for the extra Wild-Attack damage.

Or... you can create a new Wild Attack Effect - Wild Attack Edge [Fighting +2, Melee Damage +4]

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    No, unless you write an extension.

You can get the player to use the Modifier box down bottom left (under the chat and dice) when they roll damage, or make a sub-attack on the Combat tab on the character sheet for the extra Wild-Attack damage.

Or... you can create a new Wild Attack Effect - Wild Attack Edge [Fighting +2, Melee Damage +4]
    Thanks. I've read that certain effects can be referenced in certain ways but I wasn't sure how far it goes. I imagine a sub-attack would be the easiest option. I considered a new effect also but I noticed that applying Wild Attack also automatically applies the Vulnerable effect, so I'll leave that alone.

Thanks. I've read that certain effects can be referenced in certain ways but I wasn't sure how far it goes. I imagine a sub-attack would be the easiest option. I considered a new effect also but I noticed that applying Wild Attack also automatically applies the Vulnerable effect, so I'll leave that alone.
    That is what happens when you Wild Attack, you become Vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    That is what happens when you Wild Attack, you become Vulnerable.
    I understand that. Since it seems to be hardcoded somewhere to apply Vulnerable when Wild Attack is applied (basing this on how the Wild Attack effect in FGU doesn’t reference Vulnerable), I just figured it’d be better not to mess with that in any way when I can do a sub-attack with the +2 damage.

This got added into the rules set ages ago. Depending on the setting the name of the ability changes but it is all the same as Pounce Attack. Which is a Wild Attack that does +4 damage. For example in Super Powers there is Leaping with "Death from above" - That is just a reworded Pounce Attack.

I don't see benefit of adding the same effect under mutiple names right now. However always open to suggestions.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; November 14th, 2023 at 18:23.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

It would be cool if there were effects that modified conditions or other effects.
    I have an edge like yours in my settings. I just use the Pounce effect on those characters.

Thread Information