DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 13 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    I've got a couple more questions that I hope you good people will be able to answer.

First, I'm wondering if there's anything in the effects coding to change the recoil penalty. For examples, the Rock and Roll! edge ignores the recoil penalty, or perhaps a custom item would reduce the recoil penalty to -1. I've tried both [#Recoil -1] and [Recoil -1] with no success.

Second, is there a way to change the amount of ammunition used on a single attack? A custom item in a certain conversion has a type of blaster that can be charged for 1 full round and then when fired is supposed to use 5 charges of ammunition. I know it could be done manually, but I was curious if there were a way to do it through effect coding also.
    Jimin is correct [>Ignore #Recoil -1] is correct to reduce recoil penalty.

Two easy ways you could handle, either make a copy 2nd item that has 0 weight, Rate of Fire 2 and then set it for for 2 attacks in Combat tab OR create a sub attack. You can right click on Weapon entry in the Combat tab, then just set up particulars for the charged attack. Would need to set RoF to 2 so it consumes 5 bullets and then setup attack roll to do 2 attacks. Might be a something better but off top of head likely one of 2 is best way.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Second thought, maybe setup as an Arcane Device but set to a Ranged instead of Device?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Two easy ways you could handle, either make a copy 2nd item that has 0 weight, Rate of Fire 2 and then set it for for 2 attacks in Combat tab OR create a sub attack. You can right click on Weapon entry in the Combat tab, then just set up particulars for the charged attack. Would need to set RoF to 2 so it consumes 5 bullets and then setup attack roll to do 2 attacks. Might be a something better but off top of head likely one of 2 is best way.
    I apologize but I'm a little confused on this. I understand setting up a sub attack (I like this feature), and I understand being able to right-click and change the number of attacks (another nice feature). I did try this and it works, other than the only way I could get it to use the 5 ammo would be to make 2 attack rolls. Just changing the number on the RoF line doesn't seem to affect anything by itself. It may be that a weapon like that can't be automated with the way the ruleset works, which is fine, since it's kind of an odd weapon anyway.

Either way, I appreciate the help once again from you both. (And Mgrancey, I look forward to The Last Sons if you're still working on it like it says in your signature! )

I apologize but I'm a little confused on this. I understand setting up a sub attack (I like this feature), and I understand being able to right-click and change the number of attacks (another nice feature). I did try this and it works, other than the only way I could get it to use the 5 ammo would be to make 2 attack rolls. Just changing the number on the RoF line doesn't seem to affect anything by itself. It may be that a weapon like that can't be automated with the way the ruleset works, which is fine, since it's kind of an odd weapon anyway.
    I built this a while ago for a similar effect. It adds a "Variable Use" checkbox to weapons or sub-attacks which, if checked, changes the amount of ammo to be used equal to the attack's ROF.

Feel free to give it a shot it. It's pretty simple but changes some of the SWADE code and may break eventually, just FYI.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Very nice extension! Thanks for sharing, srbongo!

I apologize for yet another question. I promise I'm trying to figure this stuff out on my own before I ask here!

Is there a way to automate something like a Red Dot Sight (+1 to Shooting at Short and Medium Range)? I know I can make an effect of [Shooting +1] but is there anything to limit it to certain ranges?

I apologize for yet another question. I promise I'm trying to figure this stuff out on my own before I ask here!

Is there a way to automate something like a Red Dot Sight (+1 to Shooting at Short and Medium Range)? I know I can make an effect of [Shooting +1] but is there anything to limit it to certain ranges?
    I don't think so. You can ignore range effects but this would likely be best achieved through sub-attacks.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

I'm a bit lost on a particular way of using keyword effects. Here's the situation. I have a player whose character has an ability to get Attack +1, Damage +1 to any Aberration or Magical Beast (itself a bit of an issue because that ends up being two keywords, magical and beast and I'm not sure how to handle that, either. I tried [Aberration | Magical >Attack +1,> Damage +1] (not sure how to do logic for Aberration | Magical AND Beast) and even just [>Aberration Attack +1, Damage +1] and various variations, but it kind of sounds like those would be giving the Attack and Damage the keyword of Aberration rather than checking for it and applying it if the creature has that keyword. Any thoughts on how might handle that situation?
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Try [Attack|Damage +1 vs Aberrations, Magical Beasts]
    My recollection is that keywords aexre parsed by commas so it should pick up on both. If concerned just use the keyword Magical_Beasts instead.
    I'm not at my computer to look up examples, so my faulty memory could be wrong. The pros will be awake soon and can give a definitive answer.

Ok, thanks, that does seem to be working, but it's also working against things that aren't the keyword. As in it adds +1 even against, say, a goblin which has none of the keywords for abberation, magical, or beast.

EDIT: Also I was trying to do like in this post in automating the Sneak Attack for Savage Pathfinder's Rogue by adding a keyword on the characters attack of SneakAttack and modifying the Vulnerable effect to read:
    Vulnerable [@Attack +2, @SneakAttack Extraamage =2d]
    I know the keyword works fine because
    Vulnerable [@Attack +2, @SneakAttack Damage +2]
    Shows the +2 damage but I'm wondering if maybe the Extra: effects just don't work with @?
    Last edited by zarlor; August 4th, 2023 at 04:54.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information