FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Effect Question

Effect Question

I have a question about an effect descriptor I found in the effects page:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

There is an effect descriptor "CC" which is described as "(T), Critical confirmation rolls". From what I understand this effect will give a bonus on critical confirmation rolls, that is the roll that is rolled after you roll a 20 on the attack dice to confirm a critical threat?

For example: I rolled 19 on a longsword attack. Longsword has a threat range of 19-20 so the system will roll another die (let's say it rolled 6) D20 to confirm the threat. The CC modifier will be added to the 2nd roll (the 6).

Is my understanding correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaju View Post
    I have a question about an effect descriptor I found in the effects page:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

There is an effect descriptor "CC" which is described as "(T), Critical confirmation rolls". From what I understand this effect will give a bonus on critical confirmation rolls, that is the roll that is rolled after you roll a 20 on the attack dice to confirm a critical threat?

For example: I rolled 19 on a longsword attack. Longsword has a threat range of 19-20 so the system will roll another die (let's say it rolled 6) D20 to confirm the threat. The CC modifier will be added to the 2nd roll (the 6).

Is my understanding correct?
    Yes, that is correct

Thank you for the clarification.

I'm trying to add the effect of Bless Weapon, which states:

In addition, all critical hit rolls against evil foes are automatically successful, so every threat is a critical hit. This last effect does not apply to any weapon that already has a magical effect related to critical hits, such as a keen weapon or a vorpal sword.
    Is there any way of auto confirming the critical hit? I'm thinking of using CC +X (where X is a huge number, like 50 or 100), but I'm curious if there is a better way.
    Something like:
    Bless Weapon; DMGTYPE: good, magic; IFT: ALING(evil); CC: +100;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaju View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.

I'm trying to add the effect of Bless Weapon, which states:

Is there any way of auto confirming the critical hit? I'm thinking of using CC +X (where X is a huge number, like 50 or 100), but I'm curious if there is a better way.
    Something like:
    Bless Weapon; DMGTYPE: good, magic; IFT: ALING(evil); CC: +100;
    That is how I would do it.
    You might want to make it a separate affect from the DMGTYPE, however, as the critical confirm is only applied if the weapon doesn't already have an effect related to critical hits.

---------------
    "In addition, all critical hit rolls against evil foes are automatically successful, so every threat is a critical hit. This last effect does not apply to any weapon that already has a magical effect related to critical hits, such as a keen weapon or a vorpal sword."

You're right, I will do that. Thank you for the advice.

for this one, one of my players has the class trait Hard as Stone:

At 2nd level, whenever an opponent rolls to confirm a critical hit against a student of stone, treat the student of stone’s AC as +4 higher than normal. This ability replaces evasion.

any advice how to build this in an effect?

Thanks.

Put an effect on the Student of Stone that's just 'Student of Stone' or something similar. Put an effect on anything attacking them: IFT: CUSTOM (Student of Stone); CC: -4.

Make sure you use targeting in the Combat Tracker, and if anything with the IFT effect attacks anything with the Student of Stone effect, it gets a -4 penalty on crit confirmation rolls, which is the same as +4 AC.

Or just use Kelrugem's overlay extension and go with "ACCC: 4" on said character (ACCC being for AC on criticals)

Thread Information