DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Vision distance

we need the range of vision, i try whit LOS and mask but is not the same, we need limit the character to see 60 ft and 120 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Pepa View Post
    we need the range of vision, i try whit LOS and mask but is not the same, we need limit the character to see 60 ft and 120 ft
    Welcome to the FG forums. It's coming. See info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Carl-and-John
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepa View Post
    What's so special about 60 ft and 120 ft? Why not 5 yards and 15 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    What's so special about 60 ft and 120 ft? Why not 5 yards and 15 yards?
    Cos its using the terminology of D&D and most other fantasy games

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Cos its using the terminology of D&D and most other fantasy games
    Yeah, but those distances always seemed to be pretty arbitrary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Yeah, but those distances always seemed to be pretty arbitrary to me.
    Well, yeah they are. But Gary Gygax was a feet and inches man.

And with FGU you can change the units to Yard, or Metres or whatever you want now on the map.

The measures used, whether arbitrary or not, are beside the point, the case is that I want to put lighting on my map. I want to surprise the player by placing him in a cave or dungeon and hearing him say, oh but I can't see anything!
    And be able to say. really? How about you activate your torch?
    Ah! Didn't buy it? You have two options to face the darkness in the hope of finding a flashlight or torch or go back and buy
    And I hope this happens in February, but my 6th sense says that only in March will we be presented with such a resource

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    The measures used, whether arbitrary or not, are beside the point, the case is that I want to put lighting on my map. I want to surprise the player by placing him in a cave or dungeon and hearing him say, oh but I can't see anything!
    And be able to say. really? How about you activate your torch?
    Ah! Didn't buy it? You have two options to face the darkness in the hope of finding a flashlight or torch or go back and buy
    And I hope this happens in February, but my 6th sense says that only in March will we be presented with such a resource
    Yeah it will be fun having players have to remember to use their light sources!

Timeline who knows but the devs are working on it right now, and its better to have it working perfectly and beyond expectations that to try to mimic those other lesser VTTs.

I believe it will be the same as the others, but with something "different" to compensate and please.

Thread Information