5E Character Create Playlist

Ignore Armo(u)r for NPC (5th Edition)

I have a monster that ignores non-magical armour in its attacks. Is there a way to code that on the NPC - I know there are things like Magic Weapons trait etc., but could not find one that allows automatic armour by-pass. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Nope. In general the attack string doesn't know where AC comes from (Dex, Armor, Magic) so there is no way for it to just remove the effect of armor. If you only have one NPC in teh fight, then you could create effects for each character to lower their AC (or adjust it manually), but in a combat with multiple NPCs you won't be able to do that and will just have to review each roll by the special NPC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks. It'll be just one of those monsters, if the party are to survive at all so I'll do it manually.

Thread Information