STAR TREK 2d20

Panache realisation

Hi everybody.
    How did you make panache and Confident Finisher in FG?
    I made Panache as effect with additional damage, but not sure how to make finisher.

I would probably just set up a quick little damage action that I could halve on a spell section in the Actions Tab. Such as (with the red outlines being the areas of effect):

Unlike what I did there, though, you'd want to make sure you deselect the target before rolling damage to halve. Otherwise, it'll apply full damage first and you'll have to readjust the wounds.

Also, you might want to actually just apply Bolding to that Failure: text - I have spent way too much time inside data files. I probably use <markups> now in my emails to friends and family
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I hoped that there is another way, but thanks!

I would set it up as an effect DMG: 2d6 precision with the self target and 1 roll selected. That way it works properly against resists and doubles on a crit. Put the effect on just before the damage roll. I would set the failure damage as a damage roll as above, with 1d6 precision and slashing damage types or precision and piercing, since it says it has the same damage type as the weapon.

I agree with Rickyhunt; for precision damage like finishers, it's better to apply them as a damage bonus so that weakness and resistance gets applied correctly. Although note that unless you remove panache from the character first, you'll want to use "DMG: 2d6-2 precision" instead to cancel out the damage bonus from panache.

That's what I do; that way I can leave panache turned on all the time, since about 90% of the time my swashbuckler PC manages to regain panache by the end of his turn.

You guys are right. I was thinking only about the failure effect. How to get the half damage in because the other damage doesn't get applied.

[Edit:] I was assuming there was already a DMG: effect for the on-hit attacks (similar to sneak attack, etc).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information