DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I swear I'm trying hard.
    I am thinking of making some videos, showing how to operate GURPS at FG.
    I was thinking of having The Caravan as a base for Ein Arris, would I be in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    Maybe not what Ronnke meant, but I would steer away from trying to directly influence the company's interest, and steer toward players' interest—that is, just talk about FG, games you're playing on FG, etc. Promote the platform—and the others, too (the more, the merrier).

@Mook: it's not over yet. Don't lose hope :P

The other side of this: SJG has said they don't have the resources to support this themselves. This will be a fan effort, just like GCA was in the beginning. Someone has to start that fan effort—we can start working on the content now that will become official later.
    First off, Hats Off to you folks who have spearheaded this venture on FG. I'm so impressed with the work everyone has generated.

Second, that YouTube video of you guys hosting a game for an SJG staffer was a great opportunity to showcase it.

Finally, I get the sense that SJG is very concerned about quality control of their products. I got that sense from watching the game you folks hosted

I would pay real money to subscribe to a SJG generated VTT, if that's what it took to get them to do it their way and I could invite players to enjoy playing GURPS.

But until that happens...keep up the good work fellas. Maybe we should be paying you guys some real money for your efforts.

I agree with every word spoken by you, Padre Moto, I would pay and will be happy to pay if this beautiful material becomes available.
    I don't know if the evolution of the ruleset is shown from time to time and with that the possibility of having something official here becomes closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Padre Moto View Post
    First off, Hats Off to you folks who have spearheaded this venture on FG. I'm so impressed with the work everyone has generated.
    I would pay real money to subscribe to a SJG generated VTT, if that's what it took to get them to do it their way and I could invite players to enjoy playing GURPS.
    Thanks!

I don't think SJG would ever make their own VTT, but the great thing is, they support (unofficially) our efforts here, so that's a good thing. I've been playing online weekly for over 10 years now, FG + GURPS ruleset has made that possible. I would love for SJG to get on board, as it would open up the possibilities for official content, but even if they don't, I will still be able to play GURPS every week for the next 10+ years with what we already have.
    Last edited by ronnke; September 18th, 2020 at 14:40.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Good stuff.

So with respect to accessing GURPS resources through the FG VTT, what is the current understanding to ensuring we aren't violating any copyright or intellectual rights?

For instance, with a licensed product, my understanding is that the Host and Players can access products such as rules, typically through some sort of embedded link in the interface itself.

However for our purposes that remains to be developed as I understand it.

So if one were to create an in-game embedded link to a PDF document on a cloud-like server (eg Google's My Drive) where a person could open GURPS Characters or Campaigns, but not download it (with that security feature engaged), would this be appropriate? My thinking is: if one were in a room physically with other players, passing around a resource book is perfectly acceptable and not a copyright infringement. If players could not save/download/copy the document, would that be a similar situation?
    Rulesets:
    GURPS 4th Edition, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, Savage Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Classic D&D, 5e Essentials

Ultimate License Holder

I'm not a copyright lawyer so I can't say if that's appropriate or not, but I suspect it's not.

The community may create and share things like lists (equipment, skills, traits, effects, modifiers, etc). The content must be not contain descriptive text from GURPS published material.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information