FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 49 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Also, I feel it necessary to restate I will never publicly "certify" that ANY extension I don't use (in my signature) works with my stuff. As I've said plenty of other places, even if you say it "works" - I will not - as I don't run with it. As you saw if you give me details and I can think of something I can do "generically" to handle some issue then I "might" do it. But rule of thumb for all my extensions - I will NEVER admit it works with anything I don't use

Nature of extensions.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi Silentruin, thank you so much for explaining that to me, I was able to parse the wild-shape into actions of my druid NPC !

It's working now, I'm getting the Wildshape option available!
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 4th, 2020 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi Silentruin, thank you so much for explaining that to me, I was able to parse the wild-shape into actions of my druid NPC !
    Just a caveat on that - it is treated slightly differently than a PC (which respects features like circle forms etc. which don't exist for an NPC). While a PC will limit what CR and druid level based on rules for wild shape - an NPC wild shape will leave it up to DM to limit (be reasonable) because NPC does not have a "druid level" but instead is a CR rating type of thing. You'll have to experiment - but just realize there was no way to apply some of those rules to an NPC for limiting what you can turn into - that is left to DM in this case.

Gotcha, yes I noticed indeed that I wasn't able to add all the wildshapes to my PC Druid at lvl2. I thought wow, this really thorough coding you did, to have those rules incorporated!!

Would be great if one day in FGs.. the features present on NPCs could also be implemented on PCs sheet. Creating a hybrid character sheet with both features.
    Then you could more easily lvl up NPCs, also perhaps have a tool to determine NPCs CR rating based on its lvl.

But yes I fully understand that there are limitation to what FGs allows you to do!

Thanks for explaining!

I use polymorphism and the once click druid and one click more separately. They are 2 separate codes, they were not mean to function together. Thats why I use them separately. One is a programmed extension of the actual programming code the other is a top layer program that any player can modify on the fly.

Simply put Polymorphism is the cake, one click druid and one click more is the icing. There is no comparison. Both programs do exactly what they are meant to do. They were not built to function together. My players have an easier time using both separately as Polymorphism doesnt do Disguises, you can code in a disguise for One click druid on the fly.

SilentRuin, you are correct as far as I know there is no conflict with the 53 mods and 18 extensions I have installed. The log file shows no errors and conflicts as FG loads up. Even with this last update I have not seen any errors and I run 3 campaigns. Only 3 players play characters that require wildshape, shape change, and polymorph. They have not ran into any problems as of yet. That includes the Smiteworks update 9/03/2020.

I will let you know if I see any errors in the compiled log or from any of my 18 players.

Although its not a major issue One-Click Druid disguise does not work if your PCs has Wild shape --> Polymorph Window added to action tab.

Will you perhaps add a disguise feature to your extension or maybe.. try to find out if it could be easily resolved with One-Click-Druid disguises?

But yeah.. like you said on dmsguild its just a token-swap.. so not really a big issue. I just use them when I move my players from a 2D map to an isometric map. To give them an isometric token.

Although its not a major issue One-Click Druid disguise does not work if your PCs has Wild shape --> Polymorph Window added to action tab.

Will you perhaps add a disguise feature to your extension or maybe.. try to find out if it could be easily resolved with One-Click-Druid disguises?

But yeah.. like you said on dmsguild its just a token-swap.. so not really a big issue. I just use them when I move my players from a 2D map to an isometric map. To give them an isometric token.
    No idea why that would be - maybe talk to others in here who say they use it separately. But as I've said elsewhere and to others, disguise, dopplegangers (some types of shapechanger), etc. are beneath my dignity to write code just to switch out a token. You can do that yourself, I'm not creating a paying extension to do that for you. Or adding it to this one. Per DMsG text and posts in here.

Ok np, just thought that it could be something small that was causing it, so in your terms might be an easy fix.
    But yes I don't know how it could interfere, maybe I'll ask diablobob creator of one-click druid, if he has an idea where the issue could be.
    And your not using One-Click so can't run a debug on it, so its a little difficult, but I could run it. Cause I own both?

Do you have any advice on how I could tackle this, I have little coding experience though.

Ok np, just thought that it could be something small that was causing it, so in your terms might be an easy fix.
    But yes I don't know how it could interfere, maybe I'll ask diablobob creator of one-click druid, if he has an idea where the issue could be.
    And your not using One-Click so can't run a debug on it, so its a little difficult, but I could run it. Cause I own both?

Do you have any advice on how I could tackle this, I have little coding experience though.
    Don't know how to "tackle" it as I don't really know what it is. But several posters in here seem to be familiar and use both separately. You can ask shezingzh above what he does. I really don't know anything about it. Personally when I do a disguise or take off disguise I'm just swapping tokens in CT entry. Nothing fancy - simple. Hence why I don't bother with it in code.

True, true I will just have to live with it, or start to learn how to code in lua .
    But indeed a token swap is not that big of a deal. I just thought it was neat that the players could switch it themselves.
    I could send them their tokens and if they would put it in their token folder, they would be able to do that by themselves?
    Could they switch their token on the CT or at least in their portrait, mmhm but yeah I guess it would be less of a hustle in all if I'd just do it straightway.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; September 7th, 2020 at 12:38.

Thread Information