STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 49 First ... 364445464748 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hello SilentRuin,

this is really a great extension and a big helper!

I have a small feature request: the official books (MPMM, IDRotF) use the action "Change Shape" instead of "Wild Shape" for NPCs. I repeatedly forgot to use the updated NPC (copied from the book into the campaign and renamed the action so it would be recognized by the extension); would it be possible to add "Change Shape" to the keywords to look for in NPC actions?

Many thanks!
    Change shape is also a spell so I’m not willing to add in that level of confusion in the code. You’ll have to just make a copy of those particular NPCs and edit that keyword in them. I’d also make sure that really is wildshape rules and not one of the other shapechanger/shapeshifter rules I supply. You can read up in these posts or in txt file on page one of what keywords I support and where they go in a PC or NPC sheet.

Specifically from .txt file on page one:

Polymorph Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will.

True Polymorph Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is of the same faction as the caster then it will not require the saving throw to take effect. Otherwise, it will. This supports special custom NPC types of "object" or "item". If you make a custom NPC that has a type of one of these it will be treated as an object by this and that other spells in polymorphism (won't be considered a creature). For example, making a chair NPC with whatever structural HP it would have or anything else with a chair token and a type of "object" or "item" would be respected as an object in this spell.

Animal Shapes Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Labels in the sheet will inform you that this new sheet is the one you use. If you go over to the original sheet (PC) or reference sheet (NPC) the label will be different and tell you DO NOT USE that sheet. The list of NPCs will be limited where it can be based on the RAW 5E rules. This is a targeted spell. If the target is self or not of the same faction as the caster that target will be ignored. A special feature that supports the ability to change shapes while a current animal shapes spell concentration is in effect requires that the target list be an exact subset of the current Animal Shapes concentration effects in play. If it is, then only that subset will change without breaking the concentration and losing the others in that active spell. Otherwise, any deviation from the target subset will result in breaking the concentration of the others (reverting them back) and casting this new target list as a new animal shapes spell transformation.

Shapechange Spell - This is an NPC/PC spell name. This will support the almost the full RAW 5E rules for this spell in the newly created sheet after the spell takes effect. Because of the nature of this spell and that you can still use your character features and spells at DM's discretion based on shape you took - this new sheet will have everything you need according to RAW 5E rules except those DM discretion things. When you go back to the original sheet it will also have a different label stating this sheet is for LIMTTED use at DM's discretion (unlike other reference sheets which state DO NOT USE). This is a self only spell and the special case allowing you to change shape while active is handled by going back to your source sheet where the NPC selection in this case will allow you to select a new NPC and hit the active button again (even though its highlighted already). If the NPC selection was different than the current one it will delete the Shapechange effect (reverting you back) and then transform you into the new NPC shape.

Shapechanger - This is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. If you want special conditions for this (like a vampire turning into mist) you make your own custom NPC. Or in some cases the shape changed attack/damage features are already on the NPC sheet and you can do nothing at all and don't even trigger polyrmorphism. This will pass in the HP data to the NPC and is really only valid to use if you copy the NPC into different versions where you add different tokens and keep all the stats etc. the same (optionally editing out attacks to the relevant ones for that token shape). Also if you die in changed shape you revert and are still dead.

Shapeshifter - This is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. It will follow most polymorph spell rules on death where it will carry over the exceeded HP when it reverts back to its shape. Used more for allowing the DM to have unrestricted polymorph (some homebrew NPC/PC have this death revert behavior).

Wild Shape - This is an NPC trait/ PC feature. This will support the full RAW 5E rules for this in the newly created sheet after the wild shape takes effect. This is a self only thing so simply supports the active button switching back and forth.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 17th, 2023 at 16:22.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

That was a quick reply... clear on the confusion which is caused by spell vs. feature for NPCs.
    As said: it's working (as long as I pick the right NPC) so no issue. And yes: those two are "Wild Shape" indeed, and with this keyword, it also applies the correct rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    That was a quick reply... clear on the confusion which is caused by spell vs. feature for NPCs.
    As said: it's working (as long as I pick the right NPC) so no issue. And yes: those two are "Wild Shape" indeed, and with this keyword, it also applies the correct rules.
    I recommend you look at the snippet from text file I just amended to my last reply to make sure it is the "death" rules you actually want applied.

Since those are Druids - yes, the Wild Shape death rules apply as well.
    Thanks for summarizing here all options

It seems the extension that's hosted on DMSGUILD is still 1.53.

That's the one I can download from there.

Is there any issue with my DMSGuild Library not showing 1.56 or did you forget to update it there (or was there a hiccup on their end)?

I wish I could transfer my DMS purchases to the FGU store but it seems there is no option for that :/

Thanks!

DMsG is busted for .ext updates - they’ve known about it for over a month no resolution yet to my knowledge.

Ended up purchasing it from the Forge, don't want to bother with DMSGuild anymore.

I got 1.56 now but get an error message with Poly when opening a PC or NPC (and extension doesn't show on sheet).

Created a druid that's level 5 and nothing.

Script execution error: [String "W:char_polymorphism":3: attempts to call a field 'setCallback' ( a nil value)

Brand new campaign.

Extensions that are loaded:
    Map Parcel v 1.51
    Polymorphism v 1.56
    Combat Groups v 1.59
    Equipped Effects v 1.66

Any idea what might be causing this?
    Last edited by Arghun; December 26th, 2023 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    Ended up purchasing it from the Forge, don't want to bother with DMSGuild anymore.

I got 1.56 now but get an error message with Poly when opening a PC or NPC (and extension doesn't show on sheet).

Created a druid that's level 5 and nothing.

Script execution error: [String "W:char_polymorphism":3: attempts to call a field 'setCallback' ( a nil value)

Brand new campaign.

Extensions that are loaded:
    Map Parcel v 1.51
    Polymorphism v 1.56
    Combat Groups v 1.59
    Equipped Effects v 1.66

Any idea what might be causing this?
    Sounds like you have a conflict someplace maybe? You'll have to trial and error which extension it is as I can't duplicate this. Though making sure your extensions are all up to date (and none from DMsG as we know those don't update right now) before you try this would be the way to go. Any you still have from DMsG I'd start with removing them first.

Otherwise, I could not duplicate. Works with existing things - also worked when I used character wizard (with my advantagesCW and 5eAE supplemental data modules) to create a level 5 druid with circle of the moon - though it has to be placed in CT and the tab usually needs to be switched back and forth if it does not initially show up (if you had the sheet already up).

Gist is it tells me something is conflicting - as I play it safe in my calls to insure I don't stomp others code where possible there is not much I can do about that.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 27th, 2023 at 03:24.

Thread Information