FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 40 of 49 First ... 303839404142 ... Last
    Whoops - double posted
    Last edited by NickGaidin; October 25th, 2022 at 22:50. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by NickGaidin View Post
    Thanks for this extension - been using it for a long time now.

I'm still getting this error whenever I open any character: : not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove). It's happening in my regular campaign so I opened a test campaign with only this extension running and imported a brand new character sheet that doesn't have any shape shift or polymorph options. The error is still happening.

I understand it's just an error message; it hasn't affected any usage as far as I or my players can tell, but wanted you to be aware it still persists.

Thanks.
    Is it the message above yours for V1.42? Do you have V1.42? If you do then you have some copied PC/NPC from another campaign or DB.xml that has a local reference index not belonging to the active campaign. These are only unique to a campaign and if given to another campaign it will be whatever that campaign has defined for that index - which can be nothing (as you are seeing in message) or something completely different. As the message says - you have to clear the polymorph list (which is a shared list between all the spells - limited for each one by what they support).

Otherwise, sounds a lot like your not using V1.42. If you have Forge it will update automatically when you hit update - if DMsG then you have to regularly check for updates there (can tell when this thread is updated). Or you've done something crazy like unzipping something in your FGU extensions directory or have some old differently named .ext file which is being picked up in your extensions directory (DMsG seems to like randomly renaming files sometimes).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Is it the message above yours for V1.42? Do you have V1.42? If you do then you have some copied PC/NPC from another campaign or DB.xml that has a local reference index not belonging to the active campaign. These are only unique to a campaign and if given to another campaign it will be whatever that campaign has defined for that index - which can be nothing (as you are seeing in message) or something completely different. As the message says - you have to clear the polymorph list (which is a shared list between all the spells - limited for each one by what they support).

Otherwise, sounds a lot like your not using V1.42. If you have Forge it will update automatically when you hit update - if DMsG then you have to regularly check for updates there (can tell when this thread is updated). Or you've done something crazy like unzipping something in your FGU extensions directory or have some old differently named .ext file which is being picked up in your extensions directory (DMsG seems to like randomly renaming files sometimes).
    Thanks for the quick reply - I deleted the extension from my directory and then re-added it via update (forge) and it fixed the issue. I must have had the DMsG version still in the folder. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Only the raw definitions of the spells are supported in terms of targeting - most are self or one target - animal shapes being the exception. But if you want to have to target one thing - hit active - then clear that target and target another - with the option "Spell casting (only) will not clear concentration (leave to GM)" turned "on" then it won't wipe out the previous polymorph concentration that was active. Though hitting stop concentration will still stop all active ones. Gist is in order to mimic twinned stuff making things handle more than one target you'll have to turn "on" the previously mentioned option and just run the individual targets twice. If you have more than one target for a single target spell etc. it will only ever use the first one.
    This came up during our last session, and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

I just added the extension to FGU and love it. I wondered if anyone has been able to figure out how to use this for a PC who has Lycanthropy. I'm pretty new to manipulating extensions, so apologies in advance if this is a question that I should be able to answer on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by jpenhall View Post
    I just added the extension to FGU and love it. I wondered if anyone has been able to figure out how to use this for a PC who has Lycanthropy. I'm pretty new to manipulating extensions, so apologies in advance if this is a question that I should be able to answer on my own.
    Pretty sure I mention how in txt file on page 1 and or in previous comment in this thread. Gist is you make an NPC with things you want and use that as polymorph.

Thank you!! I'll take a look at the .txt file for instructions. Appreciate the quick reply and sorry for the basic question.

Easiest way is to use shape change spell this allows you yo change into anything. Just remember the CR versus level restriction. So uo may have to copy a werewolf and lower its CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormellion View Post
    Easiest way is to use shape change spell this allows you yo change into anything. Just remember the CR versus level restriction. So uo may have to copy a werewolf and lower its CR.
    Absolutely not true. The Shapechanger option is what is used for things that when they die stay dead and have no rules (like lycanthropy) . Again the .txt file has lots of details so do discussions in this thread.

Shapechanger - this is an NPC trait/ PC feature which I've left completely up to the DM on what NPC's it can turn into. There are no changes to the resulting sheet - this is simply going to turn them into the pure NPC. If you want special conditions for this (like a vampire turning into mist) you make your own custom NPC. Or in some cases the shape changed attack/damage features are already on the NPC sheet and you can do nothing at all and don't even trigger polyrmorphism. This will pass in the HP data to the NPC and is really only valid to use if you copy the NPC into different versions where you add different tokens and keep all the stats etc. the same (optionally editing out attacks to the relevant ones for that token shape). Also if you die in changed shape you revert and are still dead.

Thread Information