STAR TREK 2d20
Page 35 of 49 First ... 25333435363745 ... Last
    Whilst using this extension if I drag a treasure parcel or an item or an image or indeed, anything, and drop it on the portrait of any character to share said parcel or item etc I get the following error:

Script Execution error: [string "Scripts/manager polymorphism.lua"] 780 attempt to call global 'saveonShortcutDrop' (a nil value)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Whilst using this extension if I drag a treasure parcel or an item or an image or indeed, anything, and drop it on the portrait of any character to share said parcel or item etc I get the following error:

Script Execution error: [string "Scripts/manager polymorphism.lua"] 780 attempt to call global 'saveonShortcutDrop' (a nil value)
    Supreme stupidity on my part. Polymorphism shares that code with Assistant GM and I only fixed the Assistant GM side - as I always run with both I never noticed that Poly side of code never worked.

V1.37 - Bug - mistakenly fixed the code in Assistant GM shared with Polymorphism but forgot to fix Poly shared shortcut code. Effect is that if polymorphism run by itself (not with assistant GM) then dropping things on portrait fails at line 78. Fixed.

Updated in DMsG - will be updated in Forge when Grim gets around to it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Jolly good
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

V1.38 - FGU changes - surprise update to messageDamage blew poly out of the water with console error after damage roll. Fixed.

I'm beginning to get mightily annoyed.

It would seem that many of the druid features aren't being carried over into the new form when they wildshape. What happens is that they get the NPC sheet with the correct abilities and skills etc but things like their racial traits and class abilities aren't accessible. My player is a Circle of the Moon Druid and when wildshaped can use a spell slot to heal and as a Firbolg has the Hidden Step ability that allows him to turn invisible. These are in power groups of course in their normal action tab but those don't carry over. So are we missing something or is this just not a feature with this extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It would seem that many of the druid features aren't being carried over into the new form when they wildshape. What happens is that they get the NPC sheet with the correct abilities and skills etc but things like their racial traits and class abilities aren't accessible. My player is a Circle of the Moon Druid and when wildshaped can use a spell slot to heal and as a Firbolg has the Hidden Step ability that allows him to turn invisible. These are in power groups of course in their normal action tab but those don't carry over. So are we missing something or is this just not a feature with this extension?
    Yeah there are so many rules that can apply or not apply in generic PC to NPC or NPC to NPC transitions that I only directly support the ones specified in the spell/trait doing the polymorphism. I leave it up to player to decide which spells can still apply per .txt file and discussions in here.

Gist is you have have a set of rules that will turn all the original effects OFF that I deem not applicable polymorphism - but they are still there and you can turn them ON if you need to on NPC. Also the entire original source PC/NPC sheet is still available to you if you double click on the polymorphism token field. The sheets have warnings at the top of course - but if you deem a spell applicable still you can still execute it directly (by dragging things to target token as its not the active sheet) or copy it to your transformed sheet main page from actions of the source (even though header warns you its not the active sheet).

100% sure there are to many special rules that can be applied in game or a homebrew game or a particular PC or a particular NPC that I'm not going to bother to track them all - except ones I consider out of the box generic ones. So have an effect you feel should still apply to your transformed state? Turn it back ON. There are rules you can look up that I use for tracking what effects are legitimately transferred one way or the other. Any spells, weapons or whatever else from original sheet you can access and execute yourself.

Gist is - want to keep things simple? No issues. Want to track all possible things under the sun? Thoroughly read through .txt file and this thread to understand what is available to you and how you can access it.

Also, if you can always make your own NPC tailored to your needs and use that as your transformation. For sure that is what you have to do as I describe for werebeast like things. Or Strahd in Curse of strahd as his special abilities can transfer to some of his standard NPC shapes (i.e make your own NPC off the standard one with the special things you want in it).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 24th, 2022 at 22:38.

Note - if you were reading that previous post by mail - I've edited it an you'll need to read it again.

After last Tuesday's update there appears to be a new bug when using polymorphism and doing something I never knew you could do. Take a die roll chat bubble and drag it into CT over a PC wounds field and it will add that value into the damage. But if Polymorphism is up this will spit out some deprecated messages (on things I don't directly call) and then choke with an error.

I'm asking FGU about this as I don't call the functions in question directly. For now - don't do this thing I never knew you could do. I'll let you know when it is resolved.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 28th, 2022 at 17:16.

V1.39 - Update/Fix - Support for Sir Motte's theme. Also fix for messageDamage override - which caused chat bubble die rolls dragged onto CT not to work.

This appears related to the fix you made for V1.29
    Using Polymorphism with Wild Shape doesn't seem to be calculating skills and saves correctly based on my understanding. The feature says:
    Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment and your Intelligence, wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If both you and the creature have the same proficiency, use only the higher bonus.
    Per Jeremy Crawford on Twitter (https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/...55703530672128)
    The intent is that the druid uses the bonus in the beast's stat block for any proficiency the druid lacks.
    Referring to the proficiency bonus in the stat block since many beasts will have a lower proficiency bonus than the druid would at the level the druid gains the ability to wild shape into the beast.

My understanding is that the calculation for any physical skill or save starts with the beast's ability score and then gets the druid's or beast's proficiency added to it. Similarly, any mental skill or save starts with the druid's ability scores and then adds either the beast's or druid's proficiency. I made a test druid to show what I'm talking about. (see attachment) Attachment 53868 The druid has 20 in all ability scores and shifts into a Giant Hyena that only has 16 Strength, 14 Dexterity, and 14 Constitution. The physical saves should just use the Giant Hyena's ability bonus, but it is pulling from the druid's ability bonuses. Also the Giant Hyena has proficiency in Perception while the druid doesn't so it should be using the druid's Wisdom bonus and adding the Giant Hyena's proficiency bonus.

The extension appears to be taking the higher total bonus for saves using whichever form's bonus is higher. It also doesn't seem to be modifying skills based on the baseline ability score. If a form has proficiency in a skill that the other doesn't, it is just taking that form's skill modifier.

Unless of course my understanding of the RAW is wrong and the extension calculations are following the RAW.

Thread Information