DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 28 of 49 First ... 18262728293038 ... Last
    I think you could achieve that through size matters ext
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/455/view

Quote Originally Posted by niklaus71 View Post
    Hello, may I ask if it would be possible include Duergar Enlarge trait to this great extension?

Thanks alot!!
    This trait doesn't follow the Polymorph or Wild Shape rules. As posted above that ext really pretty much handles what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    I think you could achieve that through size matters ext
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/455/view
    thanks that's perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by niklaus71 View Post
    thanks that's perfect!
    No problem

I just bought this, and it looks amazing. Thank you SilentRuin! I'm sure it'll add a lot to our campaign.

I am getting an error when I end concentration on a polymorph.

[2/20/2022 2:44:16 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:98: attempt to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

I tried this with two different PCs and two different NPC types (a Giant Ape and a Hawk). I only tried it as the GM not as a player. Probably either due to a recent update or because I'm new with the extension and I'm doing something wrong. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again for this incredible extension!

Quote Originally Posted by Vam View Post
    I just bought this, and it looks amazing. Thank you SilentRuin! I'm sure it'll add a lot to our campaign.

I am getting an error when I end concentration on a polymorph.

[2/20/2022 2:44:16 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:98: attempt to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

I tried this with two different PCs and two different NPC types (a Giant Ape and a Hawk). I only tried it as the GM not as a player. Probably either due to a recent update or because I'm new with the extension and I'm doing something wrong. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again for this incredible extension!
    I have no issues with this. Probably you have a conflict with another extension - turn off all other extensions except this one and try again. There was also an option added at one point to turn off spell casting concentration behavior that someone needed at some point.

Gist is I have no reports of this happening for anyone else so assume an unknown conflict as that line of code is in CoreRPG ruleset and is for custom defined logic (I don't do anything with this part of the code)...
    Code:
    		if fCustomDelete(nodeEffectList.getParent()) then
    So you'll have to figure out which extension your using that is messing with that and turn it off or turn my extension off - whichever you feel is more useful to you. Likely something the extension did is having a timing issue (some effect is removed and its not tracking it properly or checking for null).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 20th, 2022 at 21:28.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks for the quick response SilentRuin. I feel pretty stupid for not remembering to check that. Of course you're right - it is a problem with the Aura Effect extension. I was running an old version and hoped that upgrading to the version on Forge would fix it, but no such luck. Oh well, thanks very much for the help!

V1.33 - Conflict - changed FGU routine to allow conflict crash to be avoided.

Hello SilentRuin
    I am running a lot dragons in my current campaign and was wondering if the Change Shape ability is included in Polymorphism ext. The ext. is working on other wildshape, polymorph, ect. It doesn't use the same name as the other abilities.
    Change Shape: The dragon magically polymorphs into a humanoid or beast that has a challenge rating no higher than its own, or back into its true form. It reverts to its true form if it dies. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying is absorbed or borne by the new form (the dragon's choice).
    In a new form, the dragon retains its alignment, hit points, Hit Dice, ability to speak, proficiencies, Legendary Resistance, lair actions, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, as well as this action. Its statistics and capabilities are otherwise replaced by those of the new form, except any class features or legendary actions of that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin Kregin View Post
    Hello SilentRuin
    I am running a lot dragons in my current campaign and was wondering if the Change Shape ability is included in Polymorphism ext. The ext. is working on other wildshape, polymorph, ect. It doesn't use the same name as the other abilities.
    Change Shape: The dragon magically polymorphs into a humanoid or beast that has a challenge rating no higher than its own, or back into its true form. It reverts to its true form if it dies. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying is absorbed or borne by the new form (the dragon's choice).
    In a new form, the dragon retains its alignment, hit points, Hit Dice, ability to speak, proficiencies, Legendary Resistance, lair actions, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, as well as this action. Its statistics and capabilities are otherwise replaced by those of the new form, except any class features or legendary actions of that form.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Polymorphism is a tool. It supports a number of standard spell/power/keywords that have their own rules along with some generic keywords like shapechanger and shapeshifter and some options to turn off wildshape checks (makes it generic also). So given that, what are you asking? Are you asking how you can make an NPC support an ability polymorph into something else? If I were doing it I'd use the shapechanger or shapeshifter keywords to allow them to do whatever they needed to do (each has a different death condition you can look it up yourself as I don't remember which does which).

If your asking me something else - I don't know what it is. An NPC that wants to have a different NPC as its polymorph would need to use the power/spell/keyword that did what they wanted to do - or make an NPC specifically that had what they wanted defined. Or some combination. Its a tool to be used as you wish. For sure I won't cover all possibilities or make all possibilities automagical for you. Only the standard ones.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 22nd, 2022 at 19:22.

Thread Information