DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 22 of 49 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    The issue you have is the effect is based on the Equipped Item so when you switch forms the item is not equipped as it doesn't appear on the npc. The other way around it is create the effect independently from the Equipped effect it should carry then.

Ah! - fab ! will see if i can find this :-)

It's called Map Parcels

So just looking at the map parcels video and i can see you can add armor and weapons to an NPC. Can you also add Rings, Wands etc and have the NPC be able to use them?

Yes you can I just tested it. However there are some limitations. You will need to add the items to the inventory of the npc created via wildshape every time they wildshape. You will need to identify and attune the item on the npc inventory tab.
    Reading RAW what happens to carried items that you carry the player chooses what happens to items. Worn equipment functions as normal but doesn't change to match the new form. However magic rings etc resize.
    Silentruin is there anyway to carry an inventory between different wildshape sessions? The token is, so is this at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrightstuff169 View Post
    Hello,

Have just bought this and have to say I love how easy it makes it to manage wild shape however i had a quick question that i was hoping someone could help me with.

If a character has an effect applied due to a magic item (e.g +1 AC) and changes shape how do i get that +1 AC to remain/apply to the beast shape?
    You pretty much need to read through the threads here for my extensions if you want to keep up with the details or at least read through the .txt file attached on page 1. From that text file here is the relevant info:

Any effect that is originally on the source will be transferred to the polymorph with the "isactive" turned off with the following exceptions:

The following conditions will leave an effect active so it plays out its normal life cycle. If still there at end of polymorph will transfer back.
    If the effect has a "duration" > 0.
    If the effect had a "(C)" meaning its a concentration effect.
    If the effect is "Blinded", "Charmed", "Cursed", "Deafened", "Frightened", "Grappled", "Intoxicated", "Paralyzed", "Petrified", "Poisoned", "Prone" or "Restrained".

No effect that comes with the polymorph node creation will be transferred back to the original.

If the DM decides to activate, deactivate, modify, or remove any effects on a polymorph node it will be up to them to make sure the original has whatever effects it should after the transformation back.

That's the solution I have for effects.]
    Now as a DM - I would never let you take an "equipped effect" like that and apply it to your transformed shape as if you still had it in your hand. But if your DM is not as ruthless as me they could certainly go in and turn it back on. But per the rules I mentioned - that is my solution for effects.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    You pretty much need to read through the threads here for my extensions if you want to keep up with the details or at least read through the .txt file attached on page 1. From that text file here is the relevant info:

Now as a DM - I would never let you take an "equipped effect" like that and apply it to your transformed shape as if you still had it in your hand. But if your DM is not as ruthless as me they could certainly go in and turn it back on. But per the rules I mentioned - that is my solution for effects.
    Looks like our replies crossed. Did you see my notes re RAW rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Looks like our replies crossed. Did you see my notes re RAW rules?
    Not really sure what your saying. RAW will state that items are just incorporated into your form or dropped. If your crazy enough to try to track that sort of thing your on your own to do it. Just realize that for an original source of a PC it would be whatever was in the PC's inventory, and if original NPC source it would be whatever was in the the NPC list stored version's inventory (not the CT) as FGU has no permanent linked storage for a CT NPC entry.

Personally, I think your crazy if you try to track inventory and don't just have it disappear (morph with shape) as a logistics nightmare - but I know their are crazy DM's out there and I don't stop them from being crazy. For sure I won't be automating their craziness though.

So the copy of the NPC that is stored within the the polymorph area isn't a unique copy?
    RAW says this "You choose whether your Equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn Equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of Equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your Equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any Equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no Effect until you leave the form." magic items such as rings change size. So provided the wildshape has appendages that could wear a ring they could benefit from a magic ring of protection for instance.

I suppose the question I am asking is, is it possible to maintain a inventory list for the individual wildshapes within the polymorphism section of the character sheet. Currently I would wild shape go in apply the magic ring, make sure its identified and attuned if need be and then equip it. The effect then populates the CT as expected. However when I wild shape into that form again the inventory has gone so I would need to go through the steps again.

as for your "morph with shape" comment its actually the players choice.

Also the rules re magic items and wildshape have been addressed a couple of times Jeremey Crawford addressee's it at length in this podcast. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/fea...hanced-edition
    Last edited by Leprekorn; June 24th, 2021 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    So the copy of the NPC that is stored within the the polymorph area isn't a unique copy?
    RAW says this "You choose whether your Equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn Equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of Equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your Equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any Equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no Effect until you leave the form." magic items such as rings change size. So provided the wildshape has appendages that could wear a ring they could benefit from a magic ring of protection for instance.

I suppose the question I am asking is, is it possible to maintain a inventory list for the individual wildshapes within the polymorphism section of the character sheet. Currently I would wild shape go in apply the magic ring, make sure its identified and attuned if need be and then equip it. The effect then populates the CT as expected. However when I wild shape into that form again the inventory has gone so I would need to go through the steps again.

as for your "morph with shape" comment its actually the players choice.
    Not sure how I was not clear. FGU does not treat PC data structures in the same way it does NPC data structures, you can only do what you can do with it. It is exactly how I stated it, PC has inventory - NPC does not unless its in its data in the NPC list (not the CT). The way FGU data works. And if you are crazy enough to try to track inventory items back and forth between polymorphed shapes then that is your prerogative as a DM.

Just don't expect this extension to indulge the crazy You'll have to do that yourself - which will be a royal pain. I don't envy you trying to copy all PC inventory items into the NPC list item that you will be turning into - or doing it after you turn into it. And especially don't envy you the pain of doing that with an NPC's inventory.

But, if you choose to take on that pain and additional workload - then your a better DM than me. I'm lazy.

I'd definitely look into doing it with a parcel though if you do it. Just my two cents - though not trying to encourage the crazy - just suggesting a potential way to ease the pain of the crazy

Thread Information