FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 49 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    V1.18 - Bug - Fixed a problem where multi class characters were not calculating their CR (for spell rule applications) properly. Fixed. Also added new option to allow automatic concentration clearing before casting a spell to be turned off. This will not effect the stop concentration button or anything that requires concentration to be removed. Turn on this new option when you want to leave the removal of previous concentration spells to the GM. This will allow things like the spell twinning to have a workaround where the GM can turn on this option do more than one polymorph on different targets one at a time - then turn it back off to allow normal behavior. Best I can do for that sort of stuff.

Best I can do for the twinning issue - there is no easy solution - turning on/off option is best I can offer.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Could you trigger the on/off via an effect? Enable twinning effect, do stuff, end effect? Still something which must be done by hand, but more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Could you trigger the on/off via an effect? Enable twinning effect, do stuff, end effect? Still something which must be done by hand, but more accessible.
    I actually looked at that as my first thing in case it was something standard, it's not. I checked Aridhro's data, which is what I use as I'm too lazy to define effects and powers anymore, and it had no effect for that one. And there are probably other "unknown" homebrew or RAW rules that make someone want to do more than they should and this option will allow that.

For sure, even with an effect, I'm not going to track sorcerer points or go down that whole rabbit hole. As I saw a potential use in my games I was willing to implement this - that by no means implies I'm willing to add all the logic in that would be required to properly track this type of thing. And as I can't - I leave that completely to the DM to do. Not everything can/should be automated. It can lead to more problems than it solves. Without putting in a whole sorcerer point tracker validating set of logic this would just lead to problems. And I'm not going to do that unless it sometime in the future annoys me personally. That is how these extensions and features I put in get made - something annoyed me in game and I wanted something to ease the annoyance

Crap screwed something up - another fix inbound will let you know when.

Wow that was stupid - I had something highlighted in code right before I saved that I must have hit ctrl v on and stomped that one line completely - total idiot move will be fixed shortly
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 24th, 2021 at 20:52.

STUPID cut/paste error stomping a line of code - no version update - but broke last version of this - FIXED.

You will see this error if you have the corrupted version by my fumble fingers...

"scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua":4455: attempt to compare number with nil.

Custom effects are easily defined in the player side, but I totally get you want to limit the amount of supported configurations. We'll see how things work out in the field. Paper is patient, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Hello! Thanks for your module. I wanted to bring up a concern with a use case I had when testing with a group last night.

Our druid was able to wildshape just fine, but since they did not have access to their original actions, they couldn't do things like use their "combat wildshape" ability to heal themselves when wildshaped.

The concern also came up about how they would be able to cast spells as a late game druid since they don't have access to their original actions sheet.

Based off how the extension works (swapping chars) I can see why they wouldn't have access. We did a slight workaround using the "Floating Tabs" extension to pop our their action sheet prior to wildshaping for now.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    Hello! Thanks for your module. I wanted to bring up a concern with a use case I had when testing with a group last night.

Our druid was able to wildshape just fine, but since they did not have access to their original actions, they couldn't do things like use their "combat wildshape" ability to heal themselves when wildshaped.

The concern also came up about how they would be able to cast spells as a late game druid since they don't have access to their original actions sheet.

Based off how the extension works (swapping chars) I can see why they wouldn't have access. We did a slight workaround using the "Floating Tabs" extension to pop our their action sheet prior to wildshaping for now.
    I'm not sure why they would not have access to their spells. You do realize just double clicking on the tokenfield next to the Active button will bring up the sheet shown there? For example, if you are in original form that will show as an NPC - double clicking on it will bring up the NPC sheet. If in transformed sheet - then it will show the PC/NPC that was your original shape and you can double click on it and bring up the original sheet - which will have their stuff all in it. Granted I state at top of the sheet that you should not use that sheet as it is only for reference purposes - but I gave that ability in case someone needed to access something. As we know D&D is not the clearest on all the zillions of rules and variances so that was why I provide it. You don't "change" from your current form but you should be able to click on your original spells - though you should not - there are some cases where you might need to. As in yours.

I have not tried it for targeting purposes myself - so if there is a problem let me know and I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post

Just tested it by dragging Aridhro's "combat wild shape" into my spell list - turning into dire wolf - double clicking on original portrait in token field - dragging heal over the target I wanted it to apply to on map or CT entry (since this sheet is not technically in play did not want to risk it assuming the target which it might not recognize) and it worked fine.

Also you can always design a custom NPC specifically tailored for your polymorphism use if you wish. As long as it fits in the rules for the polymorphism spell/feature/trait your using.

As a DM designing fun encounters for my players wildshape is my least used polymorphism aspect. More a player used aspect.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 26th, 2021 at 04:35.

V1.19 - FGU update required extension code to change. As long as FGU has bug with exceeded hit points I have to override the 5E\scripts\manager_action_damage.lua:applyDamage code. And when it changes I'm often broken by the changes. This fixes the most recent update changes.

DO NOT GET THIS UPDATE IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE MOST RECENT UPDATES FROM 4/27/2021 in FGU. Basically, a surprise change occurred - fortunately I watch for these things. I'm hoping they fix the bug in applydamage with intant death and exceeded hit points but as I asked for that last year I'm not holding my breath. Basically this means I have to override this entire function just to fix that bit in the middle so that I can get the exceeded damage in all cases - and when that function changes - I have to update with it. A lot of times there is simply not warning - it just goes LIVE and POW!

Let me know if this works if you get a chance.

Thread Information