STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 49 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    I am not sure if this is a known issue or not but an error in polymorphism.lua happens when an NPC uses polymorph on itself. This was under the 5e ruleset in a clean build.

[4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-04-13) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-04-14) for Fantasy Grounds
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] EXTENSION: Polymorphism v1.16 for Fantasy Grounds Unity \rCopyright 2021 SilentRuin \rAllow PC/NPC sheet to turn into another NPC and back again following the various polymorph spell requirements.
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 17.399213
    [4/14/2021 9:59:37 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon () in control (toggle_unmask) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [4/14/2021 9:59:48 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [4/14/2021 10:00:01 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua"]:2099: getValue: Invalid parameter 1

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I am not sure if this is a known issue or not but an error in polymorphism.lua happens when an NPC uses polymorph on itself. This was under the 5e ruleset in a clean build.

[4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-04-13) for Fantasy Grounds
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-04-14) for Fantasy Grounds
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] EXTENSION: Polymorphism v1.16 for Fantasy Grounds Unity \rCopyright 2021 SilentRuin \rAllow PC/NPC sheet to turn into another NPC and back again following the various polymorph spell requirements.
    [4/14/2021 9:59:30 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 17.399213
    [4/14/2021 9:59:37 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon () in control (toggle_unmask) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
    [4/14/2021 9:59:48 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [4/14/2021 10:00:01 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_polymorphism.lua"]:2099: getValue: Invalid parameter 1

Thanks.
    Never mind - duplicated it -when I did exactly what you said. Will fix it shortly.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 15th, 2021 at 04:05.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.17 - Bug - Fixed problem where NPC casting polymorphism spell on themselves caused an error. Also fixed an error when spells/powers or the spellcasting trait for an NPC was missing - now will format and report proper chat message error.

Problems have always been there and none noticed till now - good find nephranka.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 15th, 2021 at 06:18.

No problem but I cannot take credit for the find. This extension has an error with the auras extension and @randomnumber46 posted in that thread about both errors. I tested, reproduced and posted the one error that is specific to only this extension. Thank you for the quick fix. Now I am off to try to fix the conflict between this and auras.

I've recently taken over maintaining the 5E Aura Effects extension (at least until the original author has time to do so).
    I've gotten reports that it's not compatible with this extension.

Since I don't play 5E, I'm not buying your extension so I can't really diagnose the cause myself.

That being said, it appears CoreRPG's onDeleteCombatantEffectEvent(nodeEffectList) function is being called but nodeEffectList has an invalid 'userdata' value.
    This may be due to the line 2099 getValue call error (although it appears after this in the console). I'm assuming this is a result of your combatant replacement process.
    Last edited by bmos; April 15th, 2021 at 14:12.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I've recently taken over maintaining the 5E Aura Effects extension (at least until the original author has time to do so).
    I've gotten reports that it's not compatible with this extension.

Since I don't play 5E, I'm not buying your extension so I can't really diagnose the cause myself.

That being said, it appears CoreRPG's onDeleteCombatantEffectEvent(nodeEffectList) function is being called but nodeEffectList has an invalid 'userdata' value.
    This may be due to the line 2099 getValue call error (although it appears after this in the console). I'm assuming this is a result of your combatant replacement process.
    I only tend to use my stuff (I like to have direct control/knowledge of code running with FGU), but anything that I override (listed in my .txt file of page 1) I try to call the original code where possible. Obviously, this is not always possible (logic buried in middle of code you're trying to override - or anything with a template doing lua code). So as long as this extension is always calling the original code before it tries to call something it needs (if possible) we should be good. But sometimes extensions are simply not compatible (see comment above on things I can't override without replacing).

I can say for sure I do nothing with the code you mentioned. However, FGU does tend to have timing issues and other things that occur and I assume your extension, like mine, has to guard against stuff in combat tracker "disappearing" due to timing event triggers. For example,

if ActorManager.resolveActor(node) then

is a good way to prevent CT entries that have been deleted from screwing you up. Typically if you use debug prints you can see this because one minute the address pointer will be a combat tracker node - and the next it will be userdata (usually meaning something has removed it from DB and there is some sequence event triggering that held it in some list that still got sent out).

Not anything I can do if your code is not checking that. I found out early on that different extensions can whack my data - or even sequential stuff in the FGU engine can whack data I would have thought would never be sent to me if it was bad - but that is not the case. Especially in those delete triggers.

Anyway - that's just a guess. You can test it easy enough with the example I gave you gaurding for bogus nodes coming in at the point you say your seeing it (just skip it and do nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I only tend to use my stuff (I like to have direct control/knowledge of code running with FGU), but anything that I override (listed in my .txt file of page 1) I try to call the original code where possible. Obviously, this is not always possible (logic buried in middle of code you're trying to override - or anything with a template doing lua code). So as long as this extension is always calling the original code before it tries to call something it needs (if possible) we should be good. But sometimes extensions are simply not compatible (see comment above on things I can't override without replacing).

I can say for sure I do nothing with the code you mentioned. However, FGU does tend to have timing issues and other things that occur and I assume your extension, like mine, has to guard against stuff in combat tracker "disappearing" due to timing event triggers. For example,

if ActorManager.resolveActor(node) then

is a good way to prevent CT entries that have been deleted from screwing you up. Typically if you use debug prints you can see this because one minute the address pointer will be a combat tracker node - and the next it will be userdata (usually meaning something has removed it from DB and there is some sequence event triggering that held it in some list that still got sent out).

Not anything I can do if your code is not checking that. I found out early on that different extensions can whack my data - or even sequential stuff in the FGU engine can whack data I would have thought would never be sent to me if it was bad - but that is not the case. Especially in those delete triggers.

Anyway - that's just a guess. You can test it easy enough with the example I gave you gaurding for bogus nodes coming in at the point you say your seeing it (just skip it and do nothing).
    I don't know enough about this extension to say for sure what is happening (since I didn't write it), but it doesn't modify those functions either. Anyway, the answer that you aren't modifying it is what I was looking for. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I don't know enough about this extension to say for sure what is happening (since I didn't write it), but it doesn't modify those functions either. Anyway, the answer that you aren't modifying it is what I was looking for. Thanks
    No problem. Pretty sure based on what was said in your thread about the error display being only problem (everything still works) that simply verifying the node before you use it is all that is required to fix it.

Got this mod from DMsGuild, so far, decently satisfied with it, I do however have 2 issues that are bugging me.

#1: It gives players a "CR" thats different from their total level, but instead at their highest class level
    For instance when my party's level 9 sorcerer tries to apply a CR8 beast to one of her 2 allies in a game, it gives an error, one is a Barbarian 7 / Fighter 2, where the error is "challenge rating (or level) of 8 is greater than <character name> value of 7 and is not valid for Polymorph", and on the other, who is Ranger 6 / Rogue3, it gives same error except it claims his value is 6, meaning its looking at their highest class level, rather than their total character level

#2 It doesn't appear to have a way to allow twinning; my player who plays a sorcerer is planning to use twin spell to Polymorph two targets at once, as allowed by the rules, but even if I select two targets, its apply it only to one of them. If I then apply it to the other afterwards, it disappears from the first, due to breaking concentration, which would be true for a seperate casting of the spell, but as twin metamagic allows for 1 concentration on 2 targets, that would be a neat feature to add

Quote Originally Posted by iceforge View Post
    Got this mod from DMsGuild, so far, decently satisfied with it, I do however have 2 issues that are bugging me.

#1: It gives players a "CR" thats different from their total level, but instead at their highest class level
    For instance when my party's level 9 sorcerer tries to apply a CR8 beast to one of her 2 allies in a game, it gives an error, one is a Barbarian 7 / Fighter 2, where the error is "challenge rating (or level) of 8 is greater than <character name> value of 7 and is not valid for Polymorph", and on the other, who is Ranger 6 / Rogue3, it gives same error except it claims his value is 6, meaning its looking at their highest class level, rather than their total character level

#2 It doesn't appear to have a way to allow twinning; my player who plays a sorcerer is planning to use twin spell to Polymorph two targets at once, as allowed by the rules, but even if I select two targets, its apply it only to one of them. If I then apply it to the other afterwards, it disappears from the first, due to breaking concentration, which would be true for a seperate casting of the spell, but as twin metamagic allows for 1 concentration on 2 targets, that would be a neat feature to add
    #1 is a bug and I'll fix that shortly.

#2 - had never heard of twinning before - but it does appear to be one of those very weird D&D things that can't readily be supported with automated things. I'll have to think on this one and get back to you.

Thread Information