FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 49 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    I get an error with some of my new characters, the cause is an interaction with an other extension:
    Code:
    [3/14/2021 12:49:23 PM] s'Milmoor(false) -> manager_polymorphism:DisplayPolymorphism: Polymorphism requires sheet to be in combat tracker.'
    It will only give the error once per character per session, and it doesn't do so with an older character of mine. The message is incorrect, as in it really needs/complains about something else. It doesn't disappear when I put the character on the Combat Tracker. Steps to reproduce from client:
    - enable Polymorphism
    - enable Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effect Display
    - import attached character Test Poly.xml from client
    - exit game
    - open character

See attachment for a character with which I did my reproduction. It doesn't like this part of the code.
    Code:
    		<MNMChecks>
    			<charEffects>
    				<setup type="string">1.13</setup>
    			</charEffects>
    		</MNMChecks>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milmoor; March 14th, 2021 at 15:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I get an error with some of my new characters, the cause is an interaction with an other extension:
    Code:
    [3/14/2021 12:49:23 PM] s'Milmoor(false) -> manager_polymorphism:DisplayPolymorphism: Polymorphism requires sheet to be in combat tracker.'
    It will only give the error once per character per session, and it doesn't do so with an older character of mine. The message is a lie, as in it really needs/complains about something else. It doesn't disappear when I put the character on the Combat Tracker. Steps to reproduce from client:
    - enable Polymorphism
    - enable Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effect Display
    - import attached character Test Poly.xml from client
    - exit game
    - open character

See attachment for a character with which I did my reproduction.
    I'm a firm believer of not spamming chat with obvious issues. I only even put the warning in console in case some weird attempt was made that there would be a record of it. This in case other code did it or a user did it there was a record of why it did not work. Its a conscious decision I made to record it in case why something was trying to do something it should never try to do.

As I write these things for me - how they behave is at my preference for my usage. Your welcome to try and convince me otherwise, some have for various things and I change them. But its rare they succeed if its behavior I want. Just FYI

And the key to your testing is turning off other extensions. As I say many places - EXTENSIONS = RISK and I can only guarantee my extensions work with my stuff. Incompatibilities can happen. Though this warning is not really an incompatibility - but might be something weird going on - hence the warning.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 14th, 2021 at 15:37.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Found the issue, it's a block of code which somehow hinders Polymorphism. Removing this part solves it. See my edited post. And I totally get you won't change your extension for every extension in existence. Hopefully this will help others who have the same set of extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Found the issue, it's a block of code which somehow hinders Polymorphism. Removing this part solves it. See my edited post. And I totally get you won't change your extension for every extension in existence. Hopefully this will help others who have the same set of extensions.
    Well I just edited my post while you were editing yours - but all is good then

V1.15 - Bug - Fixed changes made to applyDamage in 5E code that I missed. Also removed some "legal warnings" in my console logs which I felt were spam.

Thanks to MeAndUnique for spotting this! Would effect FGU code where they originally had the new PC calls to process it then changed it back after it went LIVE some time. So would keep whatever reason they changed it from working in FGU. Fixed now.

So just confirming that with only Polymorphism loaded
    if character is not in CT, every time you change tabs on their open character sheet, you get the below line appearing in console.log
    [3/20/2021 12:46:39 PM] s'GM(true) -> manager_polymorphismisplayPolymorphism: Polymorphism requires sheet to be in combat tracker.'
    Not an issue per se but just in case you werent aware

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    So just confirming that with only Polymorphism loaded
    if character is not in CT, every time you change tabs on their open character sheet, you get the below line appearing in console.log
    [3/20/2021 12:46:39 PM] s'GM(true) -> manager_polymorphismisplayPolymorphism: Polymorphism requires sheet to be in combat tracker.'
    Not an issue per se but just in case you werent aware
    I think that will only happen if they have a polymorph ability will it not? If its happening everytime though I can remove it. Let me know. It was intended to make sure that a character was in CT if it had polymorphism window active - so that a pesky player trying to do stuff with it outside of CT would not spam chat - but there would be a record of it going wrong. During game time no character should be operated on outside of the CT after all - the active ones should all be in it. Still, if its happening when polymorphism window is not active I can see that being console spam.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I think that will only happen if they have a polymorph ability will it not? If its happening everytime though I can remove it. Let me know. It was intended to make sure that a character was in CT if it had polymorphism window active - so that a pesky player trying to do stuff with it outside of CT would not spam chat - but there would be a record of it going wrong. During game time no character should be operated on outside of the CT after all - the active ones should all be in it. Still, if its happening when polymorphism window is not active I can see that being console spam.
    With or without Polymorph ability it would seem
    Also see this on first open of character sheet, not sure if part of yours?
    [3/20/2021 1:13:03 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

Well I'll take that out - not worth a version number update though so I'll just update DMsG with a comment for those who want it. I've seen that from normal FGU - but I assume its a generic error also - best way to EVER tell if an extension is at fault is have all extensions off. Then come up and see if the issue occurs - then come back up with the one extension your testing and see if the issue occurs. If it only does with the suspect extension then that is causing it.

Funny you say that as was just doing that as only ext was Polymorphism so thought, hmm, will remove and retry
    And yep, error still there

Thread Information