DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 49 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    You keep saying shape change spell which is limited. Are you getting that Shapechanger PC feature/NPC trait is NOT the same thing? Shapeshifter and shapechanger are not spells. See the list of things I support a few posts above and read them carefully.
    I guess I am either blind or I shouldn't try to read before I totally wake up. I swear I read your earlier post as if the Shapechanger option was DIFFERENT than the spell...like the PC sheet would be different some way...let me try reading again after my coffee and see if I can make sense of it now. Sorry for confusion AND irritations...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    I guess I am either blind or I shouldn't try to read before I totally wake up. I swear I read your earlier post as if the Shapechanger option was DIFFERENT than the spell...like the PC sheet would be different some way...let me try reading again after my coffee and see if I can make sense of it now. Sorry for confusion AND irritations...
    No worries. There are 4 spells - with limits per RAW 5E rules. There is one PC(feature)/NPC(trait) that is wild shape - with limits per RAW 5E rules. And two PC(feature)/NPC(trait) called shapechanger and shapeshifter that have no limits on what you can do but still have some sheet transfer things going on per descriptions I made.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

To be clear spells get dropped in action tab (PC) or main tab (NPC) - and appear there - then are picked up by my code as something you can do in that polymorphism subwindow dropdown list.

The PC feature is just a text keyword you create in the features tab - who cares what description you give it.

The NPC trait is just a text keyword you create in main tab - who cares what description you give it.

Just to be clear. I'd test each to see what happens.

You will know if you did it right because it will appear in the polymorph drop down list as something you can do.

Really - think "what is the absolute least effort way to do this - I bet that SR lazy DM that he is chose that way"... You'd be right. Minimal interaction by me as DM. That is what I wanted.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 19th, 2021 at 14:47.

Just to be clear. I'd test each to see what happens.
    Ok, I was HONESTLY just gonna slink away and try not to make a bigger fool of myself but...this info MIGHT help you AND maybe someone else.

It appears that you MUST have the token/portrait of the character in the correct folder for the extension to work. I ported over all my files (thought I got all) when I changed from FGC to FGU...as soon as I added the portraits back into the folder on FGU, damned if the spell popped right onto the character! As simple as that! I had added the spell onto her sheet, gave her a 9th level slot and PRESTO, CHANGEO!!! I don't know if thats it or if the gremlins in the program finally went, "Chit, he ain't gonna give up..." and let it work.

Doesn't matter...it is working perfectly sir and Sunday's game is going to be insane!

Thank you much and I am sorry for testing your patience in this matter.

Ok, I was HONESTLY just gonna slink away and try not to make a bigger fool of myself but...this info MIGHT help you AND maybe someone else.

It appears that you MUST have the token/portrait of the character in the correct folder for the extension to work. I ported over all my files (thought I got all) when I changed from FGC to FGU...as soon as I added the portraits back into the folder on FGU, damned if the spell popped right onto the character! As simple as that! I had added the spell onto her sheet, gave her a 9th level slot and PRESTO, CHANGEO!!! I don't know if thats it or if the gremlins in the program finally went, "Chit, he ain't gonna give up..." and let it work.

Doesn't matter...it is working perfectly sir and Sunday's game is going to be insane!

Thank you much and I am sorry for testing your patience in this matter.
    Telling me that you took an extension purely designed for FGU - and had some sort of campaign porting issue from an unsupported FGC - is not something I can - or ever would - help you figure out Because I would not know. That is something completely outside of the scope of this extension. But glad you figured out your porting issue. Not really a "polymorphism" issue though

Telling me that you took an extension purely designed for FGU - and had some sort of campaign porting issue from an unsupported FGC - is not something I can - or ever would - help you figure out Because I would not know. That is something completely outside of the scope of this extension. But glad you figured out your porting issue. Not really a "polymorphism" issue though
    No man, I have been using FGU for months...bought your bundle pack knowing it was only for FGU...clearly I've had a stroke overnight and am not explaining myself clearly. This "issue" could have happened if I was moving characters from one campaign to another inside my FGU folder! The issue was a missing picture/portrait, that's all it was. I put that back in place and when the extension called on it, it was there now. Just like that, done.

Sorry I bothered you and I thank you for all you did to "help" anyway.

No man, I have been using FGU for months...bought your bundle pack knowing it was only for FGU...clearly I've had a stroke overnight and am not explaining myself clearly. This "issue" could have happened if I was moving characters from one campaign to another inside my FGU folder! The issue was a missing picture/portrait, that's all it was. I put that back in place and when the extension called on it, it was there now. Just like that, done.

Sorry I bothered you and I thank you for all you did to "help" anyway.
    Ah my bad then. No bother - putting all this info in the thread is probably helpful for someone in the future. No Worries.

Wasted a lot of time last night trying to add in debug prints to figure out why the player could no longer hit active button - only to realize - once again - it was not their turn. Annoyance achieved - modification made

V1.13 - THE most important version change I've made for this extension - ever. Message is now sent to player when they try to hit the Polymorphism Active button telling them when its not their turn that it won't work unless it is. Tired of being burned by this and forgetting myself.

Annoyance achieved - modification made
    I just love your pragmatic nature!

On that note, I hope you get annoyed a lot more in the future, so you bestow even more of your awesome extensions upon us *rollsforstealth* (don't hit me!).

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

V1.14 - Preserve Combat Group Extension data in combat tracker when switching polymorph states. Only matters if using Combat Group Extension so that it does not lose the group when switching polymorph states.

Added support to preserve Combat Group Extensions settings.

Thread Information