DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 49 of 49 First ... 39474849
    I opened up an old table and it doesn't seem to be an issue there or on my test table. It's only my 3 current tables I'm running. It happens when polymorphism is the only extension open. My first post has a png attached. I'm not sure if something got corrupted somehow. I just picked up the extension on Monday. I ran a game on Tuesday with not issues. Started prepping for my game tonight and noticed it.

The message actually appears before anything else loads in my chat window when I first open the table.

The extensions I had installed before were, Better Combat Effects, Dropped Order, Indicators, Spell Action Info, Theme: FG Light, 5E Automatic Death Resistance, Polymorphism FGU, B9- Common Core, B9 - Spell Tokens, CoreRPG - Readycheck, Dice Jail, MNM Character Sheet Effects Display, MNM Character Sheet Tweaks, MNM Coin Manager, MNM Coin Manager Upgrade, MNM Consumable Items, MNM Core, MNM interactive Portraits, MNM Player Journal 2.

My thought is maybe you are trying to open an npc record that was set to auto open but some how is missing the record correctly.

If you can get on discord and I can work on editing your db (s) to fix the errors.

I'm getting ready to start my game for the night. I just turned the extension off for now. Thank you for trying to help. Maybe I can take you up on the offer at some point. It just odd that the first thing to appear in the chat is that message even after I cleared everything out of the combat tracker including the PC's.

The NPC list in app (right of screen) is list of NPC database entries either from module (read only) or local copy (read write).

The CT has its own unique list of db NPC entries - usually copied from the app list of NPCs with a link to its source.

Neither the CT enrt or NPC entry are aware of eachother as they are their own db records. Change one you wont see changes in other - obviously as they are unique entries.

Poly will replace the original NPC source (assuming was not PC) with the source the CT points to (what it was copied from). Obviously if you made a bunch of edits to CT db entry you would want to copy it to list delete the CT version and drop the corrected version into CT so when it changed back it would have all relevant specially edited data - which is to say not common data unique to CT tracking).

In reality though nobody does this kind of crazy detail - they have a CT entry dropped in from NPC lists - usually a range of choices to turn into - and thats that.

I wont get into crazies trying to copy things with local db indices into Their poly list as FGU always makes those db indices local to the db they were generated from and obviously not point to what they should be - but that is true in any FGU db sharing of entries across dbs.

As long as your not crazy (in which you have to understand every aspect FGU db indices and how they work) then life is simple. See txt file and posts in here on what traits etc are supported and where they go for PC/NPC (usually default of where you normal from one without poly) and you have your list of rules to switch from. Then populate the shared token list with npc you drag in from lists and press - done and never look again at it. Just press active button and it takes care of the transformation or back. You can double clock on original icon to bring up its sheet in case you need access to its spell with warning telling you this is not the active sheet - or more likely just leave transformed sheet which stated its the one to use.
    Keep it simple, stay away from super powers where only the crazy dare tread. Unless you know what your doing of course.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 18th, 2024 at 19:53.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quick update, whatever was causing the problem fixed itself. I just brought up my Wed night server to start my prep for tonight‘s game and I no longer get “Polymorphism requires sheet to be in combat tracker.”. So, I turned on the extension for my Sunday server and it appears to be working there as well.
    Last edited by JadedGamer; March 19th, 2024 at 16:25.

Thread Information