DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 49 First ... 14222324252634 ... Last
    A new video hidden in the depths of the text wall...
    https://youtu.be/xPvfSCK2Tpg
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I just bought this (and a couple other) extension again on the Forge. Totally worth it. Keep up the good work!

SilentRuin, thanks a lot for this work! I bought this today via Forge and it's amazing, I'm really excited to use it!

Also, sorry to bother, but I have three questions:
    1. Did you stay clear of 'Change Shape' because of its varying rules from creature to creature?
    2. Is there a way to make the ext detect other features and spell names? (I'm brazilian and translate all my players speels and features to portuguese.) If not, that's okay, I'll simply let a dummy spel/feature in their sheets.
    3. In the same track, I have a druid player who uses a homebrew Wild Shape that allows her to change only to plant creatures. Is there a way to duplicate the "Wild Shape" behavior changing the feature name and the type restriction?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolha View Post
    SilentRuin, thanks a lot for this work! I bought this today via Forge and it's amazing, I'm really excited to use it!

Also, sorry to bother, but I have three questions:
    1. Did you stay clear of 'Change Shape' because of its varying rules from creature to creature?
    2. Is there a way to make the ext detect other features and spell names? (I'm brazilian and translate all my players speels and features to portuguese.) If not, that's okay, I'll simply let a dummy spel/feature in their sheets.
    3. In the same track, I have a druid player who uses a homebrew Wild Shape that allows her to change only to plant creatures. Is there a way to duplicate the "Wild Shape" behavior changing the feature name and the type restriction?
    Some of this is covered in the many thread conversations in here but here are the answers...

1) As I state elsewhere in here and in the .txt file I 'think'? I don't do super simple things (like Disguise self etc.) that simply require you to switch out the token. Now if you really want to do this you can simply add in shapechanger/shapeshifter [PC feature- NPC trait] and make a copy of the NPC and just have a different token in it that you can change to. This is really discussed in greater detail somewhere else in this thread but I feel its a waste to do that as I personally just drop a token in the CT and switch back when the spell/effect is done. Not worth coding to me - though I have the tools if you really really want to do it. Several videos you can watch and for sure read the version info and .txt file at the very least.

2) You can simply edit the strings_polymorphism.xml string file and rezip the .ext file if your good at that sort of thing (why I provided a lot of strings in the string file) - but really I've probably been sloppy and left hardcoded text in there plus there is all the FGU stuff also. Gist is FGU is not the most language friendly stuff without going to a lot of effort to convert it and this is an extension - and as in all my extensions - they were written for my games that I use them in and that is in English. But for sure if you take the effort you can try to mangle the extension strings to make them into another language - but the RISK is that somewhere buried in ruleset code or FGU engine are things hardcoded to expect certain text - I simply do not know and am no expert in it sorry.

3) You really need to read through all the version text - or conversations in here if you want that level of detail. Gist is though there is an option that allows wide open wildshape with no verification of the NPCs.

Anyway as my one joke video says - I recommend the scientific approach - but for sure if you don't care about the details you can just point and click. You care about the details so you'll have to read up and play around with it. At a minimum read all the version text and the page 1 and videos in there.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 31st, 2021 at 17:53.

Hey, thanks a lot for the great and quick response. Yeah I was nervous of asking these things because I thought it might have already been asked/discussed. I'm new here and don't know if there is a way to do a search inside the thread, anyway, I tried some quick ctrl+f searching through the pages and didn't find much, but now knowing there is I'll go ahead and really look through it.

Again thank you so much for taking your time to properly answer (and for your work in this community), and sorry if my questions were lazy. You do a really nice work and I hope I can use it to the best of its capabilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolha View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot for the great and quick response. Yeah I was nervous of asking these things because I thought it might have already been asked/discussed. I'm new here and don't know if there is a way to do a search inside the thread, anyway, I tried some quick ctrl+f searching through the pages and didn't find much, but now knowing there is I'll go ahead and really look through it.

Again thank you so much for taking your time to properly answer (and for your work in this community), and sorry if my questions were lazy. You do a really nice work and I hope I can use it to the best of its capabilities!
    Not lazy - legit questions. I'm the lazy one. Which is why I write down everything as it happens in sequence including conversations - then forget it. That includes me randomly adding things into my extensions when I want something for my games. Sometimes you get lucky and I remember something and can answer - other times I just say "suffer the text walls and search"

People get angry over that, but meh - I will do what I can - but not more than I want.

Just so you know, your answers did satisfy my demands 100%! I didn't understand that "Validate Wildshape Rules" meant what it meant. Nor did I know about "strings_polymorphism.xml", I was instead trying to make sense of "manager_polymorphism.lua".
    Now, thanks to what you told me, I've managed to achieve everything I needed!

Thanks a lot man! You're amazing.

V1.25 - Bug - added additional end turn check to resolve an incompatibility with another extension.

Specifically this was for Friends Zone extension.

I had an issue with my own campaign last night. Anytime I tried to move a player owned NPC onto a new map the player lost all sight/control of the token. I had to manually reshare it again (drag from CT link onto their portrait) to get it working again. Or if was polymorph created owned NPC have the player switch back to original PC and back again to the polymorphed NPC. Anything that redoes the ownership stuff fixes it.

When I tried to do this again in a local player (me) test I could never duplicate it.

So heads up - until I discover the issue with the token (active/LOS/lighting whatever on a remote player version of map) the above is the workaround. Polymorphism creates and owned NPC for player, so does assistant GM and normal FGU (drag from CT link onto player portrait), so assume all these things will suffer from this type of issue.

Really no idea what is causing it - just know how to work around it for now. Will look into it later - if I can ever duplicate it on my machine so I can look at what is going wrong or happening.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 21st, 2021 at 17:29.

Another issue I'm looking at is that if you have a torch (or other light source) equipped with equipped effects it will pass that light onto the NPC your turning into. Normally, that would be valid for a light source on the creature if put there by a spell or something. Will have to think if this is solvable in a generic way as when you turn back into the NPC the equipment is reapplied and it appears the torch is doubled. This is a bug, for now the workaround is you have to remove the light source on the NPC - then when you switch back the normal equipped light source will be applied. This is caused by the rules of what effects to turn off or remove between transformations is not taking into account the new lighting stuff. Will have to think about how to solve this. In mean time - if the NPC has some light source it should not just have DM remove it.

Thread Information