DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 49 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    V1.41 - Update - added support for TokenHeight so that when you polymorph you keep the token height assigned through transitions.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

This game up in my last game. My sorcerer twinned a polymorph on two other characters, but the polymorph extension would only allow one player to be affected. I had to have the wizard use their ability so both other players could be polymorphed. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is this just a limitation for the extension, did I do something wrong, or what. I'm almost 100% sure that someone else has run into this issue, and if so, what was the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post
    This game up in my last game. My sorcerer twinned a polymorph on two other characters, but the polymorph extension would only allow one player to be affected. I had to have the wizard use their ability so both other players could be polymorphed. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is this just a limitation for the extension, did I do something wrong, or what. I'm almost 100% sure that someone else has run into this issue, and if so, what was the solution?
    Only the raw definitions of the spells are supported in terms of targeting - most are self or one target - animal shapes being the exception. But if you want to have to target one thing - hit active - then clear that target and target another - with the option "Spell casting (only) will not clear concentration (leave to GM)" turned "on" then it won't wipe out the previous polymorph concentration that was active. Though hitting stop concentration will still stop all active ones. Gist is in order to mimic twinned stuff making things handle more than one target you'll have to turn "on" the previously mentioned option and just run the individual targets twice. If you have more than one target for a single target spell etc. it will only ever use the first one.

I haven't booted up Fantasy Grounds in about a month and ended up updating everything earlier this morning. However, I keep getting the attached error the first time I open a character sheet and I'm not sure what might be causing it or how to fix it. It's definitely linked to Polymorphism and occurs even when Polymorphism is the only extension loaded.

Edit: Poking around some more, it looks like I get this error whenever I open any custom NPC I've created as well. For example: "Cloud of Mist: not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove)."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CallMeTheFalcon; October 18th, 2022 at 23:01.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeTheFalcon View Post
    I haven't booted up Fantasy Grounds in about a month and ended up updating everything earlier this morning. However, I keep getting the attached error the first time I open a character sheet and I'm not sure what might be causing it or how to fix it. It's definitely linked to Polymorphism and occurs even when Polymorphism is the only extension loaded.

Edit: Poking around some more, it looks like I get this error whenever I open any custom NPC I've created as well. For example: "Cloud of Mist: not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove)."
    You have some kind of NPC in your polymorph list (next to active button and tokenfield) that has no known related module. This is likely some old reference or someone did something crazy like copy some NPC/PC into a module then tried to use that local reference in another module. Just clear the entire list and redefine the NPC with your local DB.

For sure you can't take something from another DB and try and reference that index in a different DB as that is fixed to that local DB and will not point (necessarily) to the same entry or any entry for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    You have some kind of NPC in your polymorph list (next to active button and tokenfield) that has no known related module. This is likely some old reference or someone did something crazy like copy some NPC/PC into a module then tried to use that local reference in another module. Just clear the entire list and redefine the NPC with your local DB.

For sure you can't take something from another DB and try and reference that index in a different DB as that is fixed to that local DB and will not point (necessarily) to the same entry or any entry for that matter.
    Thanks for the reply! So I cleared out the list for one of my players (the only player in the party that can Wildshape/Polymorph) but I'm still getting the error. I've included a screenshot of the cleared out list for reference. I'm also wondering, why am I getting this error for every PC sheet I open? Shouldn't it only effect the player who has the Wildshape ability?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CallMeTheFalcon; October 19th, 2022 at 00:23.

Thanks for the reply! So I cleared out the list for one of my players (the only player in the party that can Wildshape/Polymorph) but I'm still getting the error. I've included a screenshot of the cleared out list for reference. I'm also wondering, why am I getting this error for every PC sheet I open? Shouldn't it only effect the player who has the Wildshape ability?
    That picture of a "sheet" looks like nothing I recognize. You must be using some other extension besides polymorphism. Further - that error is literal - it is harmless and informative - but it is telling you that your campaigns DB (db.xml) record for that PC (charsheet) or NPC (combattracker) has a <polymorphism> tag which contains a list of things you have at one time put into it that has a reference that it cannot find. Which means that reference does not have the module it was loaded with - or as I stated - has an index from another DB or somehow you copied into DB from some import or something that references a different local DB index (which can then be the wrong thing or nothing - nothing in your case).

That is what it is. HOW your campaign got that way I've stated the various ways. The workaround is the clear the list which should remove everything in that PC's <polymorphism> list. Not clear and entry - clear the list - which is button on far left. Hover will tell you which is the clear list if your in doubt.

If its not that then its some corruption in your DB which can only get like that if your importing/using a module that was created in another DB/using a module that you no longer have loaded (activated in your modules)/ or manually copied into DB.xml something that has a <polymorphism> tag record that can't be found. It's a harmless chat message warning you that the list has something in it (whether you see it or not because their is only one list shared between all the spells/traits of polymorphism) that is not resolvable.

Several people are getting this so I'll have to investigate as I'm just now noticing there is nothing listed in the "not found" text - there is supposed to be a listed entry

V1.42 - Bug - chat message warning about a non existent polymorph list NPC every time a sheet was brought up (PC or NPC). Fixed.

Something with recent update caused a blank list entry to be processed with a warning message - no idea what changed - but is fixed.

Thanks for this extension - been using it for a long time now.

I'm still getting this error whenever I open any character: : not found in DB or modules (module loaded? Clear list to remove). It's happening in my regular campaign so I opened a test campaign with only this extension running and imported a brand new character sheet that doesn't have any shape shift or polymorph options. The error is still happening.

I understand it's just an error message; it hasn't affected any usage as far as I or my players can tell, but wanted you to be aware it still persists.

Thanks.

Thread Information