DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 49 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last
    1. Yes. See #3. But I am only deleting what is on the character sheet and not going into the windows folder and deleting any files.
    2. I think I might know what is going on, but am not sure. I kind of mentioned this in my first post. Let me explain my thinking.

As I had stated, I had imported these characters into a new campaign. For details, we had been doing the adventures in Yawning Portal but now switching to the last part of Tomb of Annihilation. I had to make a new campaign to work on and prepare ToA. So I imported the characters in the original campaign into this new campaign.

I went and looked, and in my previous campaign I have copies of the beasts and had them in a folder in NPCs titled Polymorphs. I did this so I could modify the beasts with my own images and maybe a tweak here and there.

When I first pulled my players' characters into the new campaign, I noticed the polymorph list was blank. So I started to load them in again and I had quite the difficulty. It would state things like Giant Ape is already loaded or something like that.

I think, somehow, when I imported the characters with polymorph spells, the extension is remembering what was loaded but this new campaign does not have the copies of the beasts I was using and so it is getting them or their IDs confused (thus pulling in an ape and getting a cat once.)

However, I don't know how to clear the beasts list that it may be trying to refer to but those beasts are not showing up in chat as trying to load (I think) but getting the completely wrong monsters. Is there a file I can delete to wipe this out and start over?

I hope this made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Dog View Post
    1. Yes. See #3. But I am only deleting what is on the character sheet and not going into the windows folder and deleting any files.
    2. I think I might know what is going on, but am not sure. I kind of mentioned this in my first post. Let me explain my thinking.

As I had stated, I had imported these characters into a new campaign. For details, we had been doing the adventures in Yawning Portal but now switching to the last part of Tomb of Annihilation. I had to make a new campaign to work on and prepare ToA. So I imported the characters in the original campaign into this new campaign.

I went and looked, and in my previous campaign I have copies of the beasts and had them in a folder in NPCs titled Polymorphs. I did this so I could modify the beasts with my own images and maybe a tweak here and there.

When I first pulled my players' characters into the new campaign, I noticed the polymorph list was blank. So I started to load them in again and I had quite the difficulty. It would state things like Giant Ape is already loaded or something like that.

I think, somehow, when I imported the characters with polymorph spells, the extension is remembering what was loaded but this new campaign does not have the copies of the beasts I was using and so it is getting them or their IDs confused (thus pulling in an ape and getting a cat once.)

However, I don't know how to clear the beasts list that it may be trying to refer to but those beasts are not showing up in chat as trying to load (I think) but getting the completely wrong monsters. Is there a file I can delete to wipe this out and start over?

I hope this made sense.
    Look at the post I referenced above your post. Having gone through the horror of trying to make the SW5E data modules I learned more (and forgotten) about module references than I ever wanted to know. FGU does local child references with an ID number which is ONLY VALID in the DB it was created in. If you put it in a module, and you use the ID's instead of some generic naming conventions they use for modules (don't ask) then the reference will be the ID number. If you use that NPC defined in the module - say 0001 - then use it in another DB - all will be good. Unless you create an update for that module where you edited the local data to shift the local ID for the NPC to say - 0002. Then when you attach the module the old reference will be looking up 0001 and find - lets say - cat instead of what that ID used to be ape. Same is true if you dump some xml data down that HAS the actual reference to an ID based reference (always risky for a module to do why you don't see the FGU store modules ever do that) then dump that into a new DB - well those local ID's to the one DB may not match what is in the new DB.

Personally, I think you are down this sort of rabbit hole. Which I really can't help you with in terms of "fixing it". But if you understand what I'm saying - or what is in that reference post - you may be able to untangle your data. Or delete it and do it with legit references to the DB your in (or the module has good non ID based references defined).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Obviously what I told you here about ID's has zip to do with this extension. It's just the nature of FGU data and if you directly play with that data without knowing "their" rules especially with modules or local ID references your trying to transfer to a new DB - then prepare for the pain. Gist is - never try to transfer local DB child ID's for ANY DATA from one DB to another. They might match by luck - but probably won't. Transferring module data is not usually an issue because module developers usually insure their references will NEVER change if using ID's or if smart, never use ID's at all (FGU has all sorts of reference rules for modules you can look up).

Easy fix!! It's a total "duh moment" for me.

Since I have not begun the new campaign, I went into the old campaign and cleared out their polymorph beasts on their sheets. (I have two casters with Polymorph.) Then once cleared, I imported the characters into the new campaign and that did it! I was able to load the beasts no problem and everything works perfectly! (At least so far with just a few tests only a couple minutes.)

Maybe put a warning or something to clear out the polymorph list before importing to a new campaign just in case.

I am good. Thanks for the time and help!

And make sure you deleted the whole list - not individual entries - I know you said you did - but there are two delete buttons one to the left (the whole list) and one to the right (current displayed entry). I you dump xml data with references already defined then you better make sure those references are to a module (not local) or that you delete the whole list before you export the xml. That goes without saying based on what I've already told you but just to be crystal clear.

Since I have not begun the new campaign, I went into the old campaign and cleared out their polymorph beasts on their sheets. (I have two casters with Polymorph.) Then once cleared, I imported the characters into the new campaign and that did it! I was able to load the beasts no problem and everything works perfectly! (At least so far with just a few tests only a couple minutes.)

Maybe put a warning or something to clear out the polymorph list before importing to a new campaign just in case.

Huzzah. I had just finished posting that to be extra clear but appears you already did it And I'm not going to warn about all the crazy stuff you can potentially do with import/export/modules etc. - that is pure FGU stuff. Play with fire - be careful!

Also exporting a character with poly list on it is fine - as long as you've referenced NPC module data and that new campaign has the same module used, and not local NPC data. So its not a "importing to a new campaign" issue, more FGU data centric complexity that most using modules will not run into.

V1.35 - BUG - comparisons for beast, construct, undead, item, and object were doing the wrong string comparison (making it exact instead of within the NPC type). Fixed.

Has anyone come across this problem? My druid player clicks the focus button to transform into a wildshape. IT doesn't work for him, however, if I myself as a GM open up his character sheet, it works when I press it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballzack View Post
    Has anyone come across this problem? My druid player clicks the focus button to transform into a wildshape. IT doesn't work for him, however, if I myself as a GM open up his character sheet, it works when I press it.
    I assume there is a chat message telling him it has to be his turn for a player to transform that you guys are not reading.

Must be in CT for polymorphism to work and for player must be their turn.

Thread Information