Joshua Stream Pre
Page 27 of 32 First ... 172526272829 ... Last
  1. #261
    V1.32 - Bug - resolveActor no longer gives back .sType in its structure after latest FGU update. Changed my code to find the windowclass name a different way in ReplaceWindow and double click operations. Fixed.

    Latest FGU update just changed low level functionality I used to decide what windowclass to bring up and no longer returns a value I needed. Rewrote code to not use that way of determining "charsheet" or "npc" windowclass name.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruise105 View Post
    I am subscribed in the Forge, and can't see where to download the extension from the forge. Perhaps I will try moving the .ext out of my extensions folder and trying an update from that. I don't mess with any folders other than the images and portraits folders. Perhaps I'm just stupid and don't know what I'm doing.
    Cruise105 you are not stupid, when you get stuff from the Forge, such as extension they will download automatically when you update your copy of FGU. Normally before the Forge you would have had to add them manually to your FGU's extensions, Modules etc, folder. Hope that helps.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse0317 View Post
    Cruise105 you are not stupid, when you get stuff from the Forge, such as extension they will download automatically when you update your copy of FGU. Normally before the Forge you would have had to add them manually to your FGU's extensions, Modules etc., folder. Hope that helps.
    Note Forge downloads can be DATA (unencrypted and you can see the files in your directories) or VAULT (encrypted and you will never see them or access them). All my deliveries are DATA so that people can unzip and look at the code or do things to it for their own personal use or see how things I do are done. Just FYI.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  4. #264
    my DMsGuild review, reposting here since its no longer on DMsGuild:

    I have purchased and tried EVERY available extension or module that is even close to helping solve the problem of druid wildshapes and other shapeshifting. This is the only app that not only does it all, but does it so cleanly. You can set it to either follow the rules as written or just turn that part off and let anything shift into anything whenever they want. That second part helps with all my homebrew!

    Heck, I use this for disguises too. If some NPC is wearing a disguise that could be revealed, I just copy the NPC sheet, create the 'disguise' token/name, and make the original a shapeshifter lol.

    I have also edited this author's other extension named 'Generic Actions' and I am very impressed by the cleanliness of their code. If you want to make sure something will always work correctly, make sure its done right the first time. Don't settle for bad code!

  5. #265
    I'm going to start using a 3rd party product for 5e called "Level Up: Advanced 5e". Problem is, it changes the specifics of wild shape. How easy would it be to replace the Wildshape portion of the code from a "plugin" extension? (As the other two options, SilentRuin making the change and keeping it updated alongside the normal version or changing it myself and making the changes again whenever I download a new update, are both... subpar in some way.)

    I can provide the breakdown of how the Wildshape ability differs in A5e if desired.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoKeros View Post
    I'm going to start using a 3rd party product for 5e called "Level Up: Advanced 5e". Problem is, it changes the specifics of wild shape. How easy would it be to replace the Wildshape portion of the code from a "plugin" extension? (As the other two options, SilentRuin making the change and keeping it updated alongside the normal version or changing it myself and making the changes again whenever I download a new update, are both... subpar in some way.)

    I can provide the breakdown of how the Wildshape ability differs in A5e if desired.
    You would need to do this for yourself and assume the risk of keeping it up to date and working.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoKeros View Post
    I'm going to start using a 3rd party product for 5e called "Level Up: Advanced 5e". Problem is, it changes the specifics of wild shape. How easy would it be to replace the Wildshape portion of the code from a "plugin" extension? (As the other two options, SilentRuin making the change and keeping it updated alongside the normal version or changing it myself and making the changes again whenever I download a new update, are both... subpar in some way.)

    I can provide the breakdown of how the Wildshape ability differs in A5e if desired.
    Couldn't you make a secondary ext that loads after this with the changes you want?

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Couldn't you make a secondary ext that loads after this with the changes you want?
    That's what I was thinking, but I don't know how this would work; I'm not big on LUA. If it works at all like C++, though, I could replace a function's behaviour with my own code. Unless SilentRuin split the stuff for wildshape into functions, this would require overriding the entire PolymorphActivated function, as well as a few other functions, just to affect wildshape only. It would be no different, really, than making direct code changes to the extension and trying to maintain them with each update..

    Would putting the Wild Shape stuff into functions be an acceptable request, SilentRuin? Something along the lines of function WildshapeActivated, WildshapeVerified (Would be called at what is currently line 4266) etc.
    Or if I was to extract these behaviours into functions for you and upload it here, could you check it and take it on? This extension is amazing, literally my only issue (And one shared by some others, I imagine) is when homebrew changes the conditions of one of the transformations (Polymorph, wildshape etc).

    Edit: Paid extension, so not uploading here. DMs, perhaps?

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoKeros View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but I don't know how this would work; I'm not big on LUA. If it works at all like C++, though, I could replace a function's behaviour with my own code. Unless SilentRuin split the stuff for wildshape into functions, this would require overriding the entire PolymorphActivated function, as well as a few other functions, just to affect wildshape only. It would be no different, really, than making direct code changes to the extension and trying to maintain them with each update..

    Would putting the Wild Shape stuff into functions be an acceptable request, SilentRuin? Something along the lines of function WildshapeActivated, WildshapeVerified (Would be called at what is currently line 4266) etc.
    Or if I was to extract these behaviours into functions for you and upload it here, could you check it and take it on? This extension is amazing, literally my only issue (And one shared by some others, I imagine) is when homebrew changes the conditions of one of the transformations (Polymorph, wildshape etc).

    Edit: Paid extension, so not uploading here. DMs, perhaps?
    Poly is stable as it is and I have no intention of changing it for now. You can, as someone suggested, simply make the changes in a personal copy after every download - or break out your own extension which overrides the parts of the code you want to change (even if they are great blocks of the code - as I don't plan on changing much while its stable). Gist is, I have no desire to take on anything that I don't actively use myself. But nothing stops you from doing what you want to do - I'm just not interested in doing it or supporting it myself.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  10. #270

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Desenzano del Garda (BS), Italy
    Posts
    2
    Hello, may I ask if it would be possible include Duergar Enlarge trait to this great extension?

    Thanks alot!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Peyotebud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fallout 1

Log in

Log in