5E Character Create Playlist

Hiding actors in the combat tracker

Is there any way to hide/unhide an actor in the combat tracker?
    I've basically got a copy of the combat tracker and have the reference to the new combat tracker window, and the reference to the windowinstance of the actor I would like to show/hide, but can't figure out if I'm just missing something simple or if it's more complex than I thought.
    Also, this is to be done on the DM's side.

Cheers, Steve.

I'm not sure if you mean hide/unhide them from the CT itself or the players. There is an eye (visibility) icon on the CT in most rulesets that will hide/unhide them from the players. As for hiding them from the CT itself, that is something I have not seen set up. One thing you can do is set up an encounter and only add the participants you wish to have in there and keep it open as reference.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks for answering Superteddy.
    What I'm after is making the actor visible/invisible in my copied CT window, on the DM's machine. I'm using the secondary window to display actors who have specific attributes, and if they don't have those attributes then I don't want them displayed in my list.
    It would basically be the same functionality the eye icon gives, but operating on a window on the DM's machine.

Hope that clarifies it a bit

Cheers, Steve.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I think you might want to check out the code for Visibility for the player's CT and follow it's concept for the GM side. The only thing I would see as an issue is not knowing what is on the CT till you turn on the visibility.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

That's where I'm struggling :P
    I can't quite seem to find the correct part of the scripting for some reason. All my searches end up with me looking at the icon states and not at what it does to the combat tracker window :P
    Either that, or I end up at the map token visibilty.
    I'll keep digging and hopefully get lucky

Cheers, Steve.
    Last edited by Stv; August 17th, 2020 at 18:11.

I believe it is clientct_entry.lua that holds the updateDisplay() function that handles the showing of the NPCs based on their visibility toggle. The whole feature might be branched into a few other CT files, but that is a good place to start. Also the ct.lua has code related to the visibility as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I'll have a poke in there, thanks for the pointer

Cheers, Steve.

It turns out I can do what I need (I think) by using the onFilter() function.
    Happy days

Cheers, Steve.

Nice find! Keep up the good work.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information