STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 40 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Thanks All. I purchased SWADE and all is working now. I've been a D&D GM with FG for a long time, so I'm kinda spoiled by that But I'm an old school 1990s Rifts player (love those Juicers!) and I am really excited to start up a new Rifts campaign.

I really should have investigated what was the "current" game system, this was my error.

Thanks everyone for the help. Now to go look at SWADE extensions (I live for extensions)

I've noticed everything is super locked down. Even after I've added an ability from a Framework to the character sheet, I can't edit it. There is no room for homebrew or customization for personal games on this. Is this intentional?

I get I can just make a new ability, and type the entire thing out. But this is the first Fantasy Grounds product I've encountered that is forcing me to do this.

Update: I figured out how to make custom edges by copying the ones in SRPG..that was my derp.
    Last edited by tedrion; October 3rd, 2020 at 20:44.

I noticed that Strain starts at 4. Shouldn't that be Zero?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrion View Post
    I've noticed everything is super locked down. Even after I've added an ability from a Framework to the character sheet, I can't edit it. There is no room for homebrew or customization for personal games on this. Is this intentional?

I get I can just make a new ability, and type the entire thing out. But this is the first Fantasy Grounds product I've encountered that is forcing me to do this.
    Policy for all retail DLC is that "reference data" (ie. sourcebooks, not adventures) are set to read-only so that the original published version is always available. To edit any read-only record, simply drop it into its own window to make a local copy and edit the copy. So to make a copy of an Edge (since that was the topic above), open the master Edges window, grab the one you want and drop it right back into the Edges window.

That should be the case for all retail DLC in all rulesets for reference data only! Adventures are always editable so that GMs can tweak for their sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Policy for all retail DLC is that "reference data" (ie. sourcebooks, not adventures) are set to read-only so that the original published version is always available. To edit any read-only record, simply drop it into its own window to make a local copy and edit the copy. So to make a copy of an Edge (since that was the topic above), open the master Edges window, grab the one you want and drop it right back into the Edges window.

That should be the case for all retail DLC in all rulesets for reference data only! Adventures are always editable so that GMs can tweak for their sessions.
    Iconic Frameworks cannot be drag and drop copied.

Also there isn't a way to add a new Iconic Framework.
    Last edited by esmdev; October 4th, 2020 at 01:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Iconic Frameworks cannot be drag and drop copied.

Also there isn't a way to add a new Iconic Framework.
    That is next on @Gunbunnyfufu's list when he returns from vacation next week. I said I would assist (the little I can) if he needs it.

I'm trying to make a home-brew module with all the Coalition stuff from Savage Foes of North America.

Again, I'm totally and completely new to this ruleset, but I've been around FG for several years. I cannot figure out how to make anything other than a custom mundane item. The best I have been able to do is copy a weapon, then clear it all out, then fill it in.

I am no expert at XML, Lua, etc (I really wish I were....I love extensions) and I'm sure I could create these this way. Does anyone have any tips for doing this through the UI?

Many Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    That is next on @Gunbunnyfufu's list when he returns from vacation next week. I said I would assist (the little I can) if he needs it.
    The iconic framework was what I was struggling with. Good to know it’s on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by dmontgomery32 View Post
    I'm trying to make a home-brew module with all the Coalition stuff from Savage Foes of North America.

Again, I'm totally and completely new to this ruleset, but I've been around FG for several years. I cannot figure out how to make anything other than a custom mundane item. The best I have been able to do is copy a weapon, then clear it all out, then fill it in.

I am no expert at XML, Lua, etc (I really wish I were....I love extensions) and I'm sure I could create these this way. Does anyone have any tips for doing this through the UI?

Many Thanks!!
    Open up any of the windows for NPCs, items, powers, etc. Drag anything from that window and immediately drop it back in the same window. This creates a copy of that item. Now you can edit that item.

The only thing this doesn’t work for is the Iconic Frameworks.

Another option is to check out the Savage Worlds Enhanced Library extension. It was made by Ikael and is the same extension used to create official Savage Worlds modules for Fantasy Grounds. It is pretty easy to understand once you have samples of the basic code used. I would be happy to provide samples, however you can find them in the scripts in the tutorial folder if you unzip the extension and poke around.

Thread Information