DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 40 First ... 202829303132 ... Last
    More shinies added today.

Cyber-Knights have Cyber-Armor as an Item and Psi-Swords too. Plus other stuff to make play more fun.

SWADE 5.7.0 has some major updates coming so I will be going thru everything and adding (hopefully correctly) effects to items, races, weapons and other stuff.

Atlantis is done bar the Bestiary.
    I'm not going to rush the Terror Coast content - its not finalised now but I will start working on it soon.

Complete FG noob, but a legacy RIFTs player.

I'm setting up a S.Rifts campaign while learning how to actually use FG and simultaneously learn the SWADE system and the S.Rifts setting (Look at how they massacred my boy...). I think I figured out how to edit armor to actually be MDC, at least the "H" symbol shows up. How do I change MDC weapons to actually be MDC? Adding Mega Damage to the description line doesn't seem to do anything. Do I just add "HW" to the damage section?

I kinda get what SW was attempting with eliminating most of the MDC, but the modern armor was supposed to let characters shrug off conventional weapons fire. Just like MDC weapons were supposed to be massively lethal to SDC meat. The old manual dedicated multiple pages explaining why MDC was so high powered.

Also, do any of the new books have CS character info? Or am I going to have to create the frameworks for them?

Also, also: are there any guides on how to use FG? Explain it like I'm 65, I think the 5 year olds already understand how the system works.
    Last edited by Cormac22; April 13th, 2023 at 04:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac22 View Post
    Complete FG noob, but a legacy RIFTs player.

I'm setting up a S.Rifts campaign while learning how to actually use FG and simultaneously learn the SWADE system and the S.Rifts setting (Look at how they massacred my boy...). I think I figured out how to edit armor to actually be MDC, at least the "H" symbol shows up. How do I change MDC weapons to actually be MDC? Adding Mega Damage to the description line doesn't seem to do anything. Do I just add "HW" to the damage section?

I kinda get what SW was attempting with eliminating most of the MDC, but the modern armor was supposed to let characters shrug off conventional weapons fire. Just like MDC weapons were supposed to be massively lethal to SDC meat. The old manual dedicated multiple pages explaining why MDC was so high powered.

Also, do any of the new books have CS character info? Or am I going to have to create the frameworks for them?

Also, also: are there any guides on how to use FG? Explain it like I'm 65, I think the 5 year olds already understand how the system works.
    The weapons that are MD already are setup. Its called Heavy Weapon on SWADE. To make a weapon Heavy you add Heavy Weapon or HW in the bottom field or HW in the damage field.

As for tutorials there are loads of videos on youtube. There is a thread in the Savage Worlds forum with a list of videos and more but I am typing on my phone so not hunting for them.

MDC armor is just like that. You can roll 9000 damage and the target ignores it entirely unless its a MDC weapon.

There is some CS info for players in one of the books but I cant remember which one right now.

So if you planning on being on the nasty side you'll have to make the Frameworks or edit existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    MDC armor is just like that. You can roll 9000 damage and the target ignores it entirely unless its a MDC weapon.

There is some CS info for players in one of the books but I cant remember which one right now.

So if you planning on being on the nasty side you'll have to make the Frameworks or edit existing ones.
    Reason I asked is that on the items list: Crusader, Gladiator, Huntsman, Urban Warrior, Bushman, Explorer, Plastic-Man,Juicer Man-Killer, Juicer Vibro-Spike, and Juicer Medium are all listed as non-MDC. They should be. Also in the weapons list very few of the weapons that should be MDC are listed as such. None of the lasers (correction, there is one), none of the ion, and only one of the rail guns are listed as MDC.

As for "being on the nasty side", it's Rifts. All sides are nasty, the question is how bad is too bad when it comes to saving the human race? This Tomorrow Legion stuff just doesn't fit the setting.
    Last edited by Cormac22; April 14th, 2023 at 00:49.

Reason I asked is that on the items list: Crusader, Gladiator, Huntsman, Urban Warrior, Bushman, Explorer, Plastic-Man,Juicer Man-Killer, Juicer Vibro-Spike, and Juicer Medium are all listed as non-MDC. They should be. Also in the weapons list very few of the weapons that should be MDC are listed as such. None of the lasers (correction, there is one), none of the ion, and only one of the rail guns are listed as MDC.

As for "being on the nasty side", it's Rifts. All sides are nasty, the question is how bad is too bad when it comes to saving the human race? This Tomorrow Legion stuff just doesn't fit the setting.
    Those are not MDC armor in Savage Rifts, same with the weapons. Some stuff from RIFTS is altered in Savage Rifts. Mega Damage is not as common either.

Try playing the game RAW for about 3 sessions.

You may find it works better than you think.

But also, you won't know if it's broken (for you) or not if you fiddle with it first and then it doesn't work.

Atlantis and the Demon Seas is DONE! Just some tweaking but I might do that after it is released as its fully functional right now. Submitting to QA today.

The Empires of Humanity module has a sidebar and some Hindrances for playing Coalition characters.

Just updated the extension and TLPG. Extension update makes FG show the Rifts Vehicle Critical Hits table instead of the SWADE table (not a big difference but still saves time in combat).

Lots of little updates you may not even notice, and I may not remember in TLPG.

Thread Information