STAR TREK 2d20
Page 29 of 40 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    I was just testing character building for a Royal Frilled Dragon. It doesn't load complications. And when I looked at Strength it had a +26 on it. It added that to the roll as well. I think that might need another look.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I was just testing character building for a Royal Frilled Dragon. It doesn't load complications. And when I looked at Strength it had a +26 on it. It added that to the roll as well. I think that might need another look.
    Screenshot_20230402_085232.png

The Edge should look like this?

Was it not possible to make the Iconic Frameworks function the same way the Edges do now? Just confused as to why that whole section of the theme had to be removed. I thought the Frameworks were great and are a integral part of the Rifts game. Call me a grumpy old gamer if you like, but I just spent hours trying to figure out why Frameworks wasn't loading in my Rifts interface!
    Yeah it was possible, by turning them into Edges - A hurdle for old characters but not for future ones. Sorry you had to spend hours trying to work that out, but the only places I can announce changes are here and on the Discord server.

I know Frameworks looked nice on the Character Sheet but they did nothing and I think it was a whole bunch of code required to make them work that would probably have broken a lot. As I suggested on Discord, since the Settings part of the Character Sheet is essentially useless, you can write in the Framework name there for ease of use, but the Iconic Framework Edge will be listed in the Edges section on the Character Sheet when dragged onto the character.

There are no future hurdles planned, just content and improvements (like making use of the Effects system so, for example Cyber-Knight resistances are semi-automated).
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; April 2nd, 2023 at 09:57.

Oh, I think I might have dragged the Dragon Hatchling into the sheet as well as the Royal Frilled. FYI, when I drag the Royal Frilled onto the sheet it doesn't pull over everything. No complications, no flight. Am I supposed to use them together? The Royal Frilled in the books just tweaks some stuff from the basic Flame Wind so I thought maybe these worked together but that doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Yeah it was possible, by turning them into Edges - A hurdle for old characters but not for future ones. Sorry you had to spend hours trying to work that out, but the only places I can announce changes are here and on the Discord server.

I know Frameworks looked nice on the Character Sheet but they did nothing and I think it was a whole bunch of code required to make them work that would probably have broken a lot. As I suggested on Discord, since the Settings part of the Character Sheet is essentially useless, you can write in the Framework name there for ease of use, but the Iconic Framework Edge will be listed in the Edges section on the Character Sheet when dragged onto the character.

There are no future hurdles planned, just content and improvements (like making use of the Effects system so, for example Cyber-Knight resistances are semi-automated).
    I say no hurdles but then a wise man appeared and made Iconic Frameworks work the way we all wanted - Iconic Frameworks on the Character Sheet that auto-populate!

Pushing the patches this weekend, hopefully all ready for Tuesday.

Screenshot_20230402_140820.png

To stop character breakage, for now I will leave those Iconic Framework Edges in the system, to be removed at a future random date.

Cyber-Knight had an update - Cyber Armor "ability" removed but Cyber Armor "item" added to the Cyber-Knight Starting Parcel with the effects added for when it is equipped and activated.

Breed Advantage has been turned into a Racial Ability which has links to the varieties (Agile, Strong etc.) as Edges which can be dragged onto the character to add their bonus.
    It is no longer tied to just Dog Boys as there are some other races that also have Breed Advantage.
    Tied up some other racial stuff, so Hindrances and Edges are added instead of $Edged in...

and Frameworks! Fully functional! Thanks Ikael

Oh, I think I might have dragged the Dragon Hatchling into the sheet as well as the Royal Frilled. FYI, when I drag the Royal Frilled onto the sheet it doesn't pull over everything. No complications, no flight. Am I supposed to use them together? The Royal Frilled in the books just tweaks some stuff from the basic Flame Wind so I thought maybe these worked together but that doesn't seem to work.
    Oh yeah and Dragon Hatchling varieties are now complete, no need to cross reference with the original one to add the skills.

All this new stuff will go out in Tuesdays update.

Fantastic Work! I'm happpy to see the Savage Rifts products seeing so much love recently!

Thread Information