DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 40 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Is a sadness of encrypted rulesets that assisting isn't an option.

Indeed. Encrypted content isn't ideal, certainly, but is the requirements for much of the content today.

Also, I've attempted everything I know to do with the drag and drop abilities, to no avail. I'm going to put it on the back shelf and get cracking on the other books. If this is a deal breaker for folks, I apologize. I have stated this several times, but I'm a community dev with no coding skill, and between my real life job of digital forensics, having a family life, and running games, I've got little time to try to grok the Lua involved. For those who aren't satisfied with your purchase, please know that I am truly sorry, and please make sure to get a hold of Smiteworks within 30 days of purchase in order to get your money back.

I'll hopefully find some time or talent in the near future to assist, but for now I've got the other Savage Rifts content to convert to FG.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

For those that are interested, my plan going forward is Arcana and Mysticism, Empires of Humanity, and Blood & Banes then Savage Foes of North America and then the GM's Handbook, with the last thing being the Field Manual. I'm certainly not set in this order, however.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Is a sadness of encrypted rulesets that assisting isn't an option.
    It's an option for GBFF and myself since we're both DLC Developers so even if I wasn't friends with GBFF on Discord and we could transfer the files (and we frequently do), I could request them from SmiteWorks. Luckily none of that was needed for this.

But yeah, I understand why the publishers want the stuff encrypted but it also curtails the community members from learning and helping on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    For those that are interested, my plan going forward is Arcana and Mysticism, Empires of Humanity, and Blood & Banes then Savage Foes of North America and then the GM's Handbook, with the last thing being the Field Manual. I'm certainly not set in this order, however.

GBFF
    My thought would be Savage Foes first, the others in same order works for me. Savage Foes gives a lot of encounter options and coupled with player guide make it easier to setup games.

Savage Foes was my first thought as well, but thought that with Ikael's NPC maker players wouldn't necessarily need them immediately. I can certainly switch it to the top of the stack, however. It's a GM module for certain, where as the other 3 books (Arcana & Mysticism, Blood & Banes, and Empires of Humanity) are both GM and Players modules.

GBFF

So I'd been running a Rifts game in SW for a few months, and I've created a lot of ruleset enhancements / NPCs / gear / etc. For example, I've built the complete set of Heroes Journey & MARS Fortune & Glory tables, the Adventure Tables, and the Random settlement tables.

Now that Rifts is officially approved for Savage Worlds, can I share them?

Also, question about Mega Powers - I don't see them in the new ruleset under powers?

Thanks in advance!

Hammaer

You cannot share any of the Rifts for Savage Worlds stuff, as it is under copywrite and doing so would be violating that copywrite.

As far as the Mega Powers, there are no Mega Powers anymore. Each power has Mega Power Modifiers. Since Mega Power Modifiers are not Powers, they don't appear under the Powers on the sidebar. You can find them in the module under "Mega Power Modifiers". I suggest dragging this section to a hot-key for quick reference.

GBFF

SO far I like it, I was hoping character creation would be as simple as base SW as my group I'm about to run this with doesn't know FG yet. It's nice to see it's still being updated and not just tossed to the wild and forgotten about.

Even though It Is in the odd condition it is in at the moment, I will keep it. I want this to succeed and see many more Savage Rifts rulesets come out. Thank you for your efforts and keep up the great work.

The Riftergang

Character Creation in Rifts is modified (look at the chargen guide in the module) from Savage Worlds, of course, as it has a lot of elements that Savage Worlds does not have (Heroes Journey rolls, etc). Thanks for your support!

GBFF

No dragon hatchlings

Thread Information