STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 40 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=S2P11201RE

Rifts GM Handbook is now available. Any issues let me know here. Thanks.
    Thank you! What's next on your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by rathen45 View Post
    Thank you! What's next on your agenda?
    Looking at making Frameworks auto-populate, and at the very least making their "racial abilities" add modifiers and edges when dragged onto the character sheets and some other stuff.

Screenshot_20221005_225309.png

Pity that $EDGE doesn't actually add the edge to the character sheet, I have noticed that some edges will work on rolls made by the character, even if they are not added to the CT. That is Ikael's area.

So this is what I am working on in the background while I convert a few other Rifts products.

Are you referring to when you set up a race in your setting module? $edge works for that if you add it as
    Code:
    [$Edge]
    I have this in the game I use to create my setting:
    add_edge.jpg

I have this in the db.xml:
    Code:
    <description type="string">[$Quick]</description>
    It adds the edge when the player drops it onto a character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Are you referring to when you set up a race in your setting module? $edge works for that if you add it as
    Code:
    [$Edge]
    I have this in the game I use to create my setting:
    add_edge.jpg

I have this in the db.xml:
    Code:
    <description type="string">[$Quick]</description>
    It adds the edge when the player drops it onto a character sheet.
    Yeah, got that, but it doesn't put the edge on the Character sheet Edge section.

I suppose it doesn't matter as long as the player knows what edges the character has.

Double post...

Some edges don't work - $Alertness does not add +2 to Notice rolls when added (at least in my limited test)

Edges seem kind of his and miss with applying modifiers.

On a separate note, to create the damage for a Psi Weapon, which is Strength + (Spirit x 2), is there a more adaptive way to enter it than STR+2d6? Seems like have to hard enter the spirit die, which isn't a problem unless spirit changes, then it is something that one has to remember to change.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Edges seem kind of his and miss with applying modifiers.

On a separate note, to create the damage for a Psi Weapon, which is Strength + (Spirit x 2), is there a more adaptive way to enter it than STR+2d6? Seems like have to hard enter the spirit die, which isn't a problem unless spirit changes, then it is something that one has to remember to change.
    I am adding a note for this in the TLPG.

It is Str+2Spi in the damage box to get the right Psi-Sword damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I am adding a note for this in the TLPG.

It is Str+2Spi in the damage box to get the right Psi-Sword damage.
    For some reason I thought that didn't work, I will have to try it tonight. Can any characteristic trait be used for damage, like Agi, Sma, Spi, Str and Vig? And if so, are those the right identifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    For some reason I thought that didn't work, I will have to try it tonight. Can any characteristic trait be used for damage, like Agi, Sma, Spi, Str and Vig? And if so, are those the right identifiers?
    Yeah they all work - in my Lankhmar campaign I have a Stiletto that does Agility damage instead of Strength.

Str+2xSpi doesn't work, (2 x Spi) + Str doesnt work etc. but Str+2Spi works just fine.

Thread Information