5E Character Create Playlist

Swapping/Rotating GMs?

Hi, GM Burnout is a common TTRPG problem but with playing within the Suzerain meta-setting for SWADE, the many realms in the universe invite for great adventures that happen in the same campaign but in different styles. Perfect for swapping GMs.

Question:

What's the best way to handover the campaign materials (characters/locations/events/etc.) to another player to be the GM for a one-shot, without too much hassle/giving too much away?

Also on a technical point how easy is it to transfer campaigns to other users?
    -Ciaran

Infomancer_Ciaran, Savage Mojo
    C-Moon#4331 at Discord

Kickstarter coming October 4th 2020!
    Join our mailing list and get a FREE
    Shane Hensley adventure

Copy the campaign folder to dropbox or similar to transfer it to someone else. Make sure to keep track of whom has the most recent version of the campaign. Safety copies are a good thing. It might also be a good idea to purge any stuff in the cache folder related to that campaign, depending on the ruleset.

It's really that simple. But that is for FGC. Don't know if there are weird stuff that breaks in FGU. Haven't tried it.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Copy the campaign folder to dropbox or similar to transfer it to someone else. Make sure to keep track of whom has the most recent version of the campaign. Safety copies are a good thing. It might also be a good idea to purge any stuff in the cache folder related to that campaign, depending on the ruleset.

It's really that simple. But that is for FGC. Don't know if there are weird stuff that breaks in FGU. Haven't tried it.

Vires Animi
    Yeah, that was my thinking, I just wanted to check in case anyone had any horror stories of it going wrong! It's mainly the FGU issue.
    -Ciaran

Infomancer_Ciaran, Savage Mojo
    C-Moon#4331 at Discord

Kickstarter coming October 4th 2020!
    Join our mailing list and get a FREE
    Shane Hensley adventure

Unfortunately I am not a fan of FGU at the moment. There are too many dump UI decisions in that, for me to use it. So I cannot help you there. Just make sure to keep a copy of the campaign somewhere safe and just try it.

Just never ever move your FG campaign folder to a cloudserver. That never ever ends well!

One thing to keep in mind is that either whoever is the GM needs to have an ultimate license or everyone would need a standard license. Also if there are any rulebooks used then the new DM would need to use those as well.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thread Information