STAR TREK 2d20

Is there a way to automatically make square portraits have circular borders?

I would like my NPCs to have circular borders like my PCs do, but the portrait doesn't automatically get a circular border when I drag it to the NPC image. Is there a way to do this via FGU without having to photoshop it? I've tried dragging the portrait to a PC and then dragging THAT image to the NPC, but when the PC image changes, the NPC image changes as well.

No. PC portraits have a circular border applied as part of the portrait production process; which also generates a special "PC portrait token" that looks the same (but can also be overriden by a standard token). The NPC records technically only have a token field (nor a portrait).

In FGC and FGU, only PCs have a "portrait" which is actually not a standard field, and something only PC records can have. The special portrait tokens are actually calculated at load/assignment time, not dynamically.

Any record can have a token field, and those don't have any special manipulations applied. In FGU, portrait/token assets can be used interchangeably in token fields, but no manipulations of the image is applied. So, any asset placed in a token field will be used as is. You can load in different style token assets (such as with round borders), if you want that for your NPCs.

Regards,
    JPG

I've found somewhat of a workaround. Make a new PC character, drag your desired NPC portrait into it, drag THAT to the NPC, and then delete the character. Rinse and repeat for all NPCs you want to add tokens for. It seems to work well, although I am not sure if that would use up memory over time or something. Are PC characters that are deleted fully deleted? Or are they in a cache of some sort? If the PC characters are fully removed, would the token on the NPC still be visible, since they're "linked"? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    edit: ninja'd!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

CoreRPG and 5E ruleset. I meant tokens, sorry. When you drag a portrait from the assets folder onto your PC character sheet's token on the top left, it automatically applies a border. I would like to do the same for NPC characters.

That may work around temporarily; but that just means that you haven't created a new PC with the same ID yet. The next time you create a PC and assign a portrait, it will probably replace the NPC token to match the PC one. As I mentioned, the portraits and portrait tokens are actually tied to the PC records, and they're only designed to be used in that way.

Regards,
    JPG

So far, my NPC tokens haven't changed and I have done this around 5 times. I will check to see if they are still there when I restart the desktop application. Thanks.

Yup. Once I deleted it, it's not there anymore. I guess I'll have to use square tokens. Thanks.

Thread Information