Starfinder Playlist

Achievements/Cards in Steam?

This is likely quite low on everyone's list of desires, but I'm nonetheless curious: are there any plans to introduce Achievements or Trading Cards to either FGC or FGU on Steam?
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Trading cards would be pretty easy but achievements would likely be a massive undertaking since things in different rulesets work so differently.

Also FG doesn't run through Steam so I doubt that achievements could even be logged. But then I have no idea how achievements are done anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Also FG doesn't run through Steam so I doubt that achievements could even be logged. But then I have no idea how achievements are done anyway.
    Plenty of steam apps have launchers and can be opened without steam running, so I'm sure that isn't much of a hurdle as long as the launcher was launched through Steam (EDIT:same as the hour tracking). I am pretty sure it's part of SteamWorks' API which is likely not implemented by SmiteWorks since they are just using Steam for sales and the installer download rather than full content delivery.
    Last edited by bmos; August 11th, 2020 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yeah, now that I think of it; hours are the only thing that I see tracked in Steam, and I've noticed even that is finicky.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

I think time played and amount and type of purchases through steam would be about all you could track.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Just an idea for achievements, not that i care for it. "Active hours" per year. 500 hours, 1000 hours = "Nerd", 10000 hours = "GM". Or somesuch. (the numbers here are just me spitballing).

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Thread Information