DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: RPG Suite

we also use RPGsuite for chargen

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Chap,

Remember Traveller Companion allows you to go beyond 21-23. I'm going to put a flag into the ruleset to only allow certain things if you have got the module enabled/setting set.

Cheers,
    MBM
    They aren't using the companion (at least not as a few months ago) and it has been a consistent problem since it was initially released. It works well enough but has the potential to output non-compliant characters which can be a problem depending on the referee. Which is why I strongly feel their house rules should be optionals and the core software should comply to the published rules... like you do.

esmdev are you aware of any other RPGsuite non-conformity beyond uncapped attributes?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    esmdev are you aware of any other RPGsuite non-conformity beyond uncapped attributes?
    thanks!
    I remember there were things that I reported as bugs but don't off hand remember what they were, was years ago. I bought it when it was first released. I pretty much stopped using it when they told me they didn't feel like restricting stats and skills to the rulebook limit were something they felt was important. I dropped into it a couple months back and it is just filled with ads which is annoying so I removed it again.

I don't want to knock it because I know a lot of people like it, but the ability score and skill limits being ignored bothered me enough to not use it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I remember there were things that I reported as bugs but don't off hand remember what they were, was years ago. I bought it when it was first released. I pretty much stopped using it when they told me they didn't feel like restricting stats and skills to the rulebook limit were something they felt was important. I dropped into it a couple months back and it is just filled with ads which is annoying so I removed it again.

I don't want to knock it because I know a lot of people like it, but the ability score and skill limits being ignored bothered me enough to not use it personally.
    Yea, each to their own about these things, if you want to use it that's fine.

I'll write a parser to convert their JSON to XML for import into FG, it's a slow project because I think more people will welcome the Spacecraft CT first, but it won't be inside FG, it'll be like the Sector/SubSector/System/World tool that I did. So I'm going to pick up a domain and publish the system tool and the RPGSuite Import tool, plus other tools I may write. I'll do that in autumn/fall because don't want to stop what I'm working on.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Did anything ever happen with this?
    !

Would pay good money for a tool like that!

No. It was around that time when Mongoose started pumping out books like crazy and MBM made a go and trying to keep up with his band of merry people, but as you can see Mongoose is still out producing them. I believe that one project on the drawing board is an internal character generator, when/if that happens will reduce need for external generators.

Thread Information